Decorating your Dreads!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by phishcourtney04, Jan 22, 2005.

1. bleeding_sarcasm

bleeding_sarcasm Member

I have 2 dreads that I made out of my friends hair in my hair (I turned them into loop-ended so they slip onto 2 of my current dreads), as well as I cut off a couple of mine and sewed them onto the ends of a couple of my shorter ones. There is temporary thread holding the joints together but I remove it once they have successfully locked up. I tie in needle felted wool dreads, and I plan to sew shit into those, but I tend to be very non-committal so I dont know if there would ever be anything that I would permanently sew into my real hair. I kindof like the simple purity of not having any added shit in them so I can take it all out easily if I want "just hair".

2. Liz6363

Liz6363 Senior Member

I would really like to see Pics :D

Mine are just plain, but I would like to add some extensions, and I have two cute beads I got from Smelly D. Thats all, besides them being Dyed dark brown, and every other dread or so is a Redish color. thats it, not to much decoration.

3. phoenixsun

phoenixsun Member

i have a fair few cotton wraps in my hair - some are more elaborate than others and have beads sewn in too, as well as different textured cottons and some sparkly cottons mixed in too

i also have 3 felt dreads that i felted onto my hair myself... they're making up some volume and length that i'm still waiting to grow for now :) the felt is all in browns, reds and purples so they match well with the rest of my hair.... one of these dreads has 3 wooden round beads at the bottom, and then a brass embossed leaf decoration thing that came from an old earring, another wrap that i did has a laser cut 'k' stencil that i used to wear on a necklace that i kind of put into my hair as a bit of a joke about not remembering my own name... but i've become kind of attached to having it in there now haha

4. PeaceandKnots

PeaceandKnots Member

>Revives thread<. I've had a few dreads in, since the 24th of september, and have just put a full head of dreads in, about two days ago. I've not got a lot in at this very moment,because i'm washing them later and like to take everything I have out. Anyway, I have one bead with a leaf design on it (I have two of those). I have a large key, I have lots of craft flowers that I put around them, that are on wire, that I use as substitutes for rubber bands. I do have a leaf charm and a spoon charm somewhere in my bedroom...and I also have a pull ring from a can that i'm finding the dread for. I have a pink and white woolwrap (used to be blue and white but didn't really go with the colour of my hair). And also some wooden beads. I have a box full of random beads and other things if I feel like changing anything.

Leaf Bead (one of two).

[​IMG]

5. haha_wintaaa

haha_wintaaa Member

you must have a good camera

6. PeaceandKnots

PeaceandKnots Member

Haha, it's just a Fujifilm s1600 Finepix lol. I'm into photographer so it's my 'beginner' camera xD

7. haha_wintaaa

haha_wintaaa Member

8. NaedBHF

NaedBHF Member

Wow crazy old thread.

Cool BEad P&K
    ..I have a silver ring on one of mine.

Some string wraps here and there, and a few of them I added blonde extensions I made from my mom's hair(yes it is weird. She kept the hair she lost having chemo- and gave it to me and I made them into extensions. I also have extensions I made from hubby's hair-- but my hair has thouroughly ate most of those , which are about the same color so you can't really see them like you can the blonde from mom)

Basically , that was a long post saying the only real decorations is a ring,brown string, and some blonde hair in my brown.

9. lalalaspider

lalalaspider Member

I have a bunch of wooden beads, a bone skeleton bead, some wraps and I'm in the process of making a fimo bead or two and a peyote stitch.