Decorating is fun!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by hummblebee, Apr 19, 2007.

1. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

My partner is sewing stone chips (like the little irregular tone/crystal bead strands) into one of my dreads. Labradorite, Malachite, smoky quartz, amethyst, hematite, tigers eye and jasper. :D It looks really cool so far I think. So far he's only done the first couple inches from the root, with a dozen or so pieces (didn't start until very late last night, so he tied it off and will finish in the next couple days...) When it's finished it'll look kinda like the whole length is encrusted with semi-precious stones.

I've been thinking about other fun decorating ideas for my locks lately, maybe because I've got enough length now to do really fun things with it. I have this one flat congo at the nape of my neck - at it's widest it's about 3 inches and half an inch thick. I was thinking it would be cool to have someone embroider something into it on the backside, upside down. so that when I tie them up (which is the only time anyone really sees/notices that congo) it'll be facing properly. I don't knowhow well that would work, though... Has anyone embroidered a flat lock?

Any other fun decorating ideas? I just want to do cool things with a few locks... I have an endless supply of glass beads I can add any time of course. Whatever I do I want it to be removable, and I'm definitely not into dying or otherwise chemy-fying my hair in any way.

Hmmm, I should get new pics up here soon, too... I never got around to taking any for year 6. :)

2. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

oooh that sounds like so much fun :)

I cant wait to see pictures!

3. benotfree

benotfree Member

Come on Hummblebee! Piccys!