Decent, not so scary trailer courts?

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by drumminmama, Jul 7, 2014.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'm finalizing coming home plans.

In trying to keep expenses down, I'll be renting a room or van camping to start.

Looking down the road, I want a mobile home because they typically don't use many support walls and I can strip and rebuild at will. So I'm looking for a box that meets building codes. ;)

I'd be looking to buy. Eventually place on some land close within reasonable commute to a FR town. (I'm a CMT, getting my LMT soon.)

But to start, I want to try longer term trailer dwelling. I know that means a court/park.
    I'm too young for the neat one at Santa Fe and 470 in Littleton. Need to be 55. I'm frightening close..but still, no.

Interested mostly in west side of Denver up to Golden to Boulder.
    RTD is my get to work insurance (I'm also investing in a car/minivan, but I "need" to be walking distance, preferably, or short bus/light rail ride to my job. I tend to skip driving after bad storms.)

What's near you? How bad is it? Know a gem?

I'd rather not hear gunshots and domestic abuse all night.
    I've had enough of that in exile.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    1 person likes this.
  2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Hi Drumminmama,

I've lived in Colorado for 35 years. I lost my home in divorce and have been trying to rebuild and restart for some time. I'm 59 and have looked at several mobile home parks. Most of them on the front range are mormon owned and get you in there with cheap lot rent then jack up the price later. My friend Ray started out paying like 265/month then left when they had lot rent at 585/month. There is a dumpy park in Laporte called Vern's. It's cheap but a meth head infested dump and the cops are there every other day. There is a small one at Waverly and I don't know much about it. The ones in Greeley are mostly Mexican and so is Poudre Valley Mobile Home Park in northern Fort Collins. Check out the place real good before you sign. I am trading my little camper for a bigger one and going to Oregon soon. I lived in my little one for three years and was hounded by cops. So I just learned the rest area, campsite, and truck stop networks to get free parking. The draw back is you got to keep moving. The campsites in Poudre Canyon have the usual two week limit. So you've got to learn the ways and means.

3. drumminmama

I have stayed up Poudre canyon many times. Did a lot of Mishawaka shows, got hooked on the area.

I've toyed, but not seriously, with an RV, but I'd rather stealth camp or actually do the trailer thing.

Rented rooms are an option. I'm basically trying to stay west, and not wind up in aurora for long. ;)

4. stormountainman

The Elkhorn motel in Laporte is about $525 per month for one person. It's nice but the wifi does not work and cell phone does not work unless you walk down to Vern's restaurant. The Overland Foods market is a mile down the road and the laundry-mat is across the street from it. The food bank is down off willox and blue spruce in Fort Collins. I've been going to Mishawaka for 35 years. The place has changed, but still has good shows. I didn't care for Robin who managed it for a while. I liked ED before him, and Jimi before Ed. In 1981 I used to just put my sleeping bag down in front of the fireplace and sleep there, if I had too much to drink. It was just a big happy family back then.

5. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

There's a place in golden up hwy six passed the home depot. On the right hand side passed the gas station. I can't remember what it's called, but my grandma lived there for years, and it was really nice.

6. drumminmama

Thank you!
    golden is high on my list.

Storm, I did not care for Robin either. I was selling band merch and he demanded an extra percentage above the contract. We told him where to go with that idea.
    He was just trying to bully a small female.

7. stormountainman

Small females should be loved and respected always. It's a skill only the fine men like me have. Robin was a jerk to everyone and now he is broke. I liked Turkey Two Moons up there at Mishawaka. I never saw him when he wasn't drunk during the last 35 years; however, he has a heart of gold. Gary the gold miner is also a great guy; but, he moved to Durango before you came to the Canyon. I lived at Columbine Lodge for a while. You might Know Becky and Roger there.

8. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Sunnyvale trailer park

9. drumminmama

Boo. Non Coloradans don't count in this thread.

(But I had to look the reference up. First thought, I'm leaving California.)

10. drumminmama

No, if anyone is being an asshole, they don't deserve respect in the moment.
    But you do respect the artists bringing money spending people to your venue.

Robin did book folks I wanted to see, and I came with my then husband, and sometimes the kiddo, too, and we spent money on food. Maybe he didn't like non drinkers?

He allowed live painters, and for that I'm grateful. I have a Scramble print from there, and I painted several shows and sold the originals.
    It was a great venue for birthday shows back when it was end of season at Red Rocks.

11. stormountainman

I had a supper date at Mish just four weeks ago. Two fish and Chips dinners and two cocktails cost $47 + tip. Food was good, service nice. It seems to me that they could start thinking about the summer music fans. It's their bread and butter. I don't know too much about the new owner, other than he also owns Chipper's Lanes bowling alley in town. There are two retail weed shops open already and making millions. I think one of them might invest in a new music venue.

12. drumminmama

We could use a 500-700 person venue on the front range.
    We have bars, and a typical jump to 800-1000 in the small theaters.

13. TheSweatyButcher

TheSweatyButcher Members