Deattached from emotions

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by AquaLight, Mar 11, 2008.

1. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Do you ever feel like that? and does it affect your relationship somtimes?

2. blues414

blues414 Member

depersonalization? if that's what you mean, i am currently suffering from that. have been for over a month. explain how you're feeling.

3. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Not really, altough that happens to me sometimes.
    What I mean is, sometimes I feel numb to all emotions, like I dont allow myself to feel.

4. I_like_apples

I_like_apples Member

I know what you are talking about. It is a feeling hard to describe, imagine being dumped by a girl you love, and not giving a shit, that's exactly how it is. Aqua had a good point when he said that you feel numb to emotions, it's as if you are touching a hot pan and don't feel pain, just the fact that you touched it.
    I don't like that feeling, i have said and done a lot of bad things while feeling that way.

5. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

That is exactly what I am talking about thank you.
    I hate that too, and it does affect my relationships and social life with the people around me in a bad way.

6. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

I don't personally have that. (I'm guessing a lot of girls don't)

But my sex buddy does.

And that's a rough thing to deal with.

7. CuriousThoughts

CuriousThoughts Member

It happens to me a lot too. Oftentimes I feel like I don't have a personality, and everything I do have is just a collection of quotes from everyone else.

As much as our friends do make up who we are, I occasionally see people spur thoughts or comments on the internet or everywhere that I don't seem to be capable of on a regular basis. My roommate told me the other day I had no personality.

8. Mrs.Krinkle

Mrs.Krinkle Banned

Man, I feel detached from emotion towards my boyfriend. idk what to do. it sucks.

9. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

I closed myself off to my emotion six years ago, and while it does seem out of the norm, you become used to it. I dont let myself feel anything to protect myself, and my fuck buddies seem to be the ones not able to keep their feelings in check. It almost makes me feel like a drone or a machine when i sit there and think about it, but in the end its for my own sanity that i close off that part of myself.

10. Asswoman

Asswoman Member

I agree with all of you. Right now I have soooo many emotions. That I just don't know where to start. Pissed off, hurt (in my heart), angry, resentment, Betrayal is the most I feel. I just want to forget them and move on but I can't. How do you? Any help would be nice. If you need more info let me know. I will explain.

11. I_like_apples

I_like_apples Member

I must say, that i and 2 more people from this chat have agreed that it's not that easy to live that way, not only for us but to the people around us. Why do you want to loose emotions? Because someone dumped you? I say loose the people that hurt you, not your emotions.

12. Asswoman

Asswoman Member

No and yes, because the person I love and see myself marrying and spending the rest of my life with cheated on me. I don't know how to handle it, But I do, but i don't want that. Because now he is trying to work things out. But all the mean and hurtful thing he said and done. Not once has he said that he was sorry for what hes done and what he done he regrets( No word for me to explain it really). the emotions I have toward him I don't want to feel but I do. I love him with all my heart and would love to marry him. But there is all the emotions running through my head. I just want the emotions to leave or have someone help me though them.