death sentence?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by GOB1029, May 25, 2004.

1. Col

Col Member

difficult one.
    As said, death penalty is a contradiction.
    We wouldn't sentance a rapist to rape? !!

It is wrong. Death penalty for political leaders because they have been behind the force that caused so many deaths? Bush & Blair have been behind the force that has been sweeping iraq with death recently, they are the biggest killers around at the mo. Death penalty for OBL? Depends on whether or not you believe the fantasy about this make believe organisation "al-quada". Very little evidence to suggest that it does exist even. No, I don't trust politicians enough to make judgements on death penalty for other leaders.

The USA is pretty backward in its law concerning the death penalty. They still kill minors and mentally ill folk? Pretty primitive in this modern world.

Assisted suicide? different subject....
    If my mum/dad was suffering so much that they craved an end to it I would offer help. Not to, to prolong their suffering would be born of a selfish desire not to deal with the bereavement. And my actions would be born of love. So to punish me for it would surely be wrong? this is a different matter altogether.....

But, despite my liberal views, did you remember hearing of that peadophile murderer in Belguim recently? (a year ago or so). He tortured his victims - one was locked in his cellar when he got a prison sentance for another peadophile related crime, he served 3 months by which time of course she had died. Others buried alive after sexula ordeals.
    When I heard of this I shocked myself by immediately thinking that the guy should be killed, and quickly - not after some lengthy legal battle. Just get rid of him. please!
    Understandable reaction I am sure, but it still shocks me that I haven't changed my view on it. My concience doesn't know what to do with that thought!

So, as I said initially, a difficult one this!

2. Megara

Megara Banned

we do not kill minors or mentally ill folk. We do kill those who were convicted of crimes when they were 16/17

3. Kashmir

Kashmir Member

the death penalty is wrong, its playing god. its basically murder. i mean i can see peoples reasons for being for it but my opinion is that two wrongs dont make a right.....

4. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

if you kill someone for killing someone then surely you're just as bad as them, meaning you should be killed. this could continues for ages until everyone was dead.

so i reckon the death penalty is stupid

5. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

Common stupidity:

1. you tink you think

2. U beleive U are not a killer

3. Dharma controllz your actionz

6. Col

Col Member

have you had a drastic law change recently?
    Because last time I looked there were fairly recent cases in some states of minors and mentally ill folk executed.
    Maybe I'm out of date on this area of US law though???

7. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

In a modern free world, states should protect their citizens, not murder them. The death penalty is morally bankrupt and should be opposed wherever it is found in the world....

8. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I fully support it, also, someone else said before "we wouldnt sentence a rapist to be raped would we? well trust me, if I was a judge, and I actually had the power, I'd make it to the scumbag had to be raped once for every rape he did before he went to prison.

9. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Good thing you're not in power then....

10. TheMadcapSyd

Yea I get that alot from people.

11. spooner

spooner is done.

meh if i was sentenced to life in prison without parole i'd rather just end it

i don't know how many of you have spent any time in prison - even just a couple of hours or a night in the drunk tank - but its the worst feeling in the world and i couldn't do it. in fact i have a huge respect for prisoners ability to deal with that.

12. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

But you see spooner, just with your response, that shows that jail is a worse situation than death. ;)
    Which is what I rather for people who break the law (not anything like smoking pot or stealing gum, that's stupid shit).

13. -peaceman69-

-peaceman69- Member

14. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You know, you speak very well for a 13 year old.
    You seem very knowledgable as well.
    Peace, on you, my brother.

15. Maes

Maes Senior Member

"Die bastard!"

this is a good death sentence.

16. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I dont believe in the death penalty, period. Not for anything or any reason.

17. OctoberMoon

OctoberMoon Member

I dont believe in the death sentence. You cannot right a wrong with another wrong. Besides...there have been people falsely convicted of crimes. If they are innocent but get executed...then that just sucks.

18. Chris L

Chris L Member

Generally, I do not beleive in the death sentence. Killing is killing, and, no matter what it is not right. However, I do have some exceptions. For instance, if we somehow broke away into an independent, new nation, there would be people from other governments, and from the old one, trying to get in and trying to divide the people, and basically, make the nation fall. My first solution would be to export them, but, they could just come back in or somebody else can. So, do yuo just shoot him and make an example of him? Not sure. For instance, i would commit treason against my governent the first chance i get, and i wouldnt want to be killed for it. I see it as this: If somebody tried to change my way of life, and change somehting i worked extremely hard to do, i wouldn't be happy. But so wouldn't the current Amerikan government? I can't decide, killing is so awful, yet, if somebody was doing something that would make life for a huge number of people awful, I think they should be killed before they do anything. But if somebody was trying to change soemthign for the good, they shouldn't be killed.

So, execute anyone working for Mossad, the CIA, any one in the Isreali government, and certain people in the Amerikan governmtn. But don't execute somebody simply fro killing somebody else. Only execute those who made life awful for thousands...i.e. George Bush, some agents of Mossad, some agents of the CIA, and some pther people, but dont execute OBL, because, in all truthfulness, he didn't set up 9/11, or anything for that matter.

19. TheMadcapSyd

So it's all right to kill certain people, but the people you side with shouldnt be killed? and right, so Osama shouldn't be killed, right he diddn't have anything to do with the attacks on 9/11, or in Aden, or the bombing of the embasies.

20. Chris L

Chris L Member

Okay, went a bit too far there, but, can anyone show me actual proof that osama planned the 9/11 attacks? I can show you proof, however, that Bush planned that attack on Iraq, during which many Iraqis suffered, died, or watched their family members die. And I can also show you proof that Israel has commited war crimes against palestenians. And not-so-reliable-but-still-somewhat-beleivable proof that israel has staged many attacks in an attempt to get others to fight their battles.

And people on either side shouldn't be killed except those causing/trying to cause pain and suffering to others. And not the poor soldiers in Iraq, I mean the rich 'elected' officials in Washington who start all this crap. Or the rich people in any country who start shit, for that matter.