Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toecutter, Aug 11, 2021.

?

Should there be a death penalty?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  1. Focus136

Focus136 Members

When they had the death penalty in Britain, 3 sundays had to pass before the hanging would take place....no messing about then..get it done.

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I read a couple days ago about a man on trial for raping and killing an eight year old girl and raping a ten year old. Let's just put him in jail to enjoy food, exercise, tv and drugs for a certain amount of years. Yeah. That's the ticket. I'm sure he'll become a good and decent citizen one day. I say let the fathers of those girls into his cell with baseball bats. But, of course I'm not a civilized person.

Focus136 likes this.
  3. Focus136

Focus136 Members

I love the USA but your justice system is crackers...if sentenced to death get it done, 1 appeal only.
    25,30,35, years on death row makes the world think you lost the plot.
    Still a lot of lawyers make loads of money out of it.

scratcho likes this.
  4. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

92EE46D4-31AF-45C3-ACD5-B04B33044F02.gif 4FFBB6DE-12A2-44E8-B656-D8496FD11F22.gif

scratcho likes this.
  5. zer0

zer0 Members

You might be onto something there. Here's a horrific 'solution' to the problem, horrific but it would reflect the will of the people (for better or worse) and isn't that the point of democracy...

Give the prisoner a choice:
    1) Shut up and rot in prison forever, no appeals; or
    2) Here's your stuff. You walk out the door free. BUT you're publicly marked. Where you live, where you sleep, where you shit is updated on a tracker in real time. And you don't get any special protection beyond what the average citizen gets.

So you see what I'm saying, the justice system washes its hands of the filthy business and instead throws the convict back into society. Society then can do the filthy revenge.

And in all fairness, anyone who commits a crime against the convict will themselves be prosecuted. No free passes for weepy fathers. But if it's a choice they make, then so be it.

See, no matter how much I hate the slimeballs who commit these heinous crimes, I'll go to my grave saying no legal authority should arbitrarily put people to death. That's the biggest hypocrisy in the legal system. Murder is not ok UNLESS a fat asshole in a robe says it's ok? How'd that Spanish Inquisition work out for us?

With my solution, the legal institution would remain clear of the issue. It would remain a paragon of what justice should be in a civilised society: identify, neutralise and isolate the threat. Life goes on. But of course our society is light years from being civilised. We instinctively crave revenge, so if a mob clubs him to death, that's the will of human society. Give the prisoner the choice where he wants his bones to end up.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  6. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article261487042.html

The Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney’s Office is seeking the death penalty for a man who authorities allege killed and dismembered three people at a Euless motel and burned their bodies in a Fort Worth dumpster in September. Jason Thornburg, 41, was arrested on a charge of capital murder in the deaths of David Lueras, Lauren Phillips and Maricruz Mathis. Their dismembered bodies were found in a burning dumpster in Fort Worth on Sept. 22.

7. scratcho

Oh, he'll be fine in a few years. I'm confident that he'll be released and become an honorable, contributing member of society. No danger there. He probably just had a bad day.

8. Lasher Dasher

Lasher Dasher Newbie

what about left wing mobs that riot for 474 days, attack federal buildings, the white house and commit arson? Well they get probation. It must be nice to cheer for the establishment.

9. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Left wing mobs??? I worked in Federal buildings across the nation and never once felt a threat from “left wing mobs”. The attacks I heard about were the T shit show on January 6 and the blowing up of the Oklahoma City Federal Building by nutso right wingers. This country desperately needs a meaningful left presence.

scratcho likes this.
  10. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Left wing mobs?

What delusional planet are you from?

scratcho likes this.
  11. scratcho

Whataboutism at its finest. Member from yesterday--he'll be gone soon enough.:rage:

12. wrat1

wrat1 Members

13. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

Pretty sure he is referring to this.
    Rioters Set Fire to Federal Courthouse in Portland One Day after Fencing Removed (yahoo.com)

14. scratcho

There are those humans that are born without a conscience. That is an accepted fact by those who study human behavior. Those humans that go through life thinking that somehow the urge to do whatever they please, includes the idea that the rape, torture and / or murder of children ( especially children) or adults , is somehow their right to do, is a deadly aberration. They have forfeited their right to continue to live, IMO. What is the reason for being against the death penalty for those types of "humans"?
    They had a bad childhood? BOO FUCKIN' HOO! That's no reason to erase the complete potential history of trusting little ones that just want to be loved and nurtured. Not only are these monsters no good to anyone---they are extremely harmful and should be eliminated!! They have committed the worst crime of all.:mad: