death penalty for second offense child molestation

Discussion in 'Texas' started by tigerlily, Oct 25, 2006.

1. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

i just saw a commercial for somebody (a candidate for representative i think) who is promoting to have second-time child sexual abuse offenders (that sounds akward) excecuted. i didn't catch his name and couldn't find anything online, so i don't know a name or any other issues, but that seems crazy to me. i mean, i don't really support the death penalty anyway, but i don't understand this. texas already has such a high rate of using the death penalty so to broaden the instances to use it seems crazy.

any thoughts? i know child molesters are generally the most hated people in the world (even on this hippie site i've seen so many ppl write they should be killed) so do any of you support this idea? has anybody heard of this candidate?

2. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

Define a child molestor Tiger.

3. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

I rather see corrupt goverment officials executed the first time "and soon as posible" . and violent criminals with murder on theyr hands even child molestors if they murder and torture they'r victims . That candidate is a total idiot and absurd and prob had a 16 year old girlfriend when he was 19 allready . like most of this republicans have.

4. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

I wonder how much the republicans paid the second wanabe victim .

5. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

I'm going to go with this definition from a texas attorney's website. i'm assuming this is what would be used in all cases.

from website: http://www.oag.state.tx.us/AG_Publications/txts/childabuse1.shtml
    It doesn't define the age of a "child" so I'm only assuming it includes all ages under 18.

i'm still keeping an eye out for that political candidate to find his name and/or a website.

6. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

The death penalty is barbaric. Killing people to stop people from killing people? Right. And while I'm a survivor of child abuse and find pedophiles the lowest scum on earth, I wouldn't have them executed. That forces society as a whole to sink to their level.

7. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

well sir your are 18 and had sex with 17 or 16 ok well show up at the town square tomorrow so we can execute you and dont be late . or you dont get a blind fold or cigarrets. ..... you might wana start building this huge concentration camp all over the U.S to house this molestors before they can be executed. I thought this rural people finally got some education using a PC . But even this is not enough.

8. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

you said a survivor of child abuse. ok lets say your older cousin 16 rub your penis and you got a hard on "you are lets say 12" is far worse than a father or mother who just beat you so badly you bearly made it alive out of the hospital 2 months later? .

9. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

Now if a child molestor regardless of age rape, torture, and kill the victim my views would be difrent. you could start executing all doctors and rabbi who circumcise kids at birth. now thats a serius crime as well.

10. USA in decline

USA in decline Member

and parents.

11. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

2 strikes seems soooo low, and with no caveat to make it only applicable to say violent molestations/offendors (vs statutory stuff that was consented too)

12. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

Yea, that's the American answer to all problems, both real and imagined: kill somebody/something. That's one of the reasons we've got the highest damned violent crime rate in the developed world, and we're just about the only developed country with the death penalty. All that violence does is beget more violence.

13. koolkat

koolkat Member

i agree with zoomie,BUT
    i think the death penalty is letting sick bastards like that get off too easy,as harsh as that may sound.
    i say prison life is a good punishment in a pedophile or rapist's case.

14. THE MIGHTY TOENAIL

THE MIGHTY TOENAIL Member

punishment in general is counterproductive.
    work through rather than outside of.

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How about "as you sow ,so shall ye reap"and all that it implies?Rape and kill?You get raped and killed.Beat the shit out of your wife or kids?same to you .Set something on fire with resulting death?It's gonna get WARM for you.Barbaric?Yeah ---radical problems demand radical solutions.

16. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.... or something like that.

we recently had a woman who was the driver of the getaway car receive the same sentence as her boyfriend who killed a convenience store clerk: life in prison. apparently her crime was just as bad as his.

17. Unkle_John

Unkle_John Member

I belive that was our current Lt. Gov. Republican David Dewhurst who wants to pass that law.

18. LilBort

LilBort Member

If a convicted, repeat sex offender molested my son I would want him hung. And if he wasn't, I would go to the prison and pay inmates to whoop his ass every week. So he wishes he was dead.

19. LTD

LTD Member

As a person who was severly molested as a child from as far back as I can remember about the age of 2 or so maybe further but thats as far as my memory goes,I think that the death penalty is good for these sick f**ks,but on the other hand when my molester who raped me in the end at the age of 15 killed himself I couldn't help but think he took the easy way out,I have to deal with everything he put me thru and he is resting peacefully.I can't even enjoy sex thats how messed up he left me emotionally.I think better punishment would be to lock them up without the possibility of parole,and let everyone know what they did and they will get what they deserve.

20. Airic

Airic Member

people who molest children are obviously fucked up in the head....now why are so many people allowed to use that in other cases to avoid the death penalty? this is not going to go through, and even if it does seems like the person could just claim insanity anyway.