death metal

Discussion in 'UK Music Forum' started by jesikhaviolet, Jan 15, 2005.

1. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

its cool man...its not just the name but the vibe i get...ha ha yeah Hanson rock...and as a point i do really enjoy very heavy music as well...

2. TheMistress

TheMistress Senior Member

i love death metal, a good death metal band must be extremely talented to play there instruments at the level that they do. Plus it gets me so pumped up. I love it.

3. all_rhodesian_reject

4. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Sweet hair? Me? TheMistress? Death metal bands? Hanson? Who?

If you like really heavy music you should try doom metal, which is heavy, slow and rather desperate sounding (think Swans (Cop / Young God) but with guitars with it), but goes a little easier with the subjects, not insulting any groups of people. It's usually mystic, bleak introspective lyrics. Of course there's a huge diversity among the bands but it's a really underrated, or perhaps I should say "under-attention-payed" genre.

You know, if Hanson wore Cannibal Corpse tee shirts they'd look pretty death metal. :p

5. all_rhodesian_reject

you, hanson they all have sweet hair, hanson win.

yeah i'll check it out...i've never heard good reviews of it though, can u give me some more bands?

6. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Great doom metal bands are My Dying Bride, old Anathema, Mourning Beloveth, The Prophecy, Officium triste, Paramaecium, Cryptal Darkness, Novembers Doom, Candlemass, Shape of Despair, Lacrimas Profundere... I haven't heard even a fraction of the total amount of doom metal bands available, still discovering the genre myself. But it's terribly satisfying to listen to.

7. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

the heaviest band i like are children of bodom - but the only stuff i like by them is their orchestral stuff - where there is no screaming...

after delving further into my mind, i've realised that death metal is ok. BUT i've not given in - i'm a musician - i have to be critical, and there's reasons for why i don't like things; here is my reasoning:

i don't like the screaming - i like a tune going on from the voice, but most screaming isn't tuned, or, intentionally tuned. this is the main factor that stops me liking death metal.
    the other part is the double bass pedals on the drums. i can't place why i don't like them - it just doesn't sound quite right. its hard to explain why something doesn't sound right, usually we just have to say how we would put it right.

this is how i would put death metal right:
    stop them screaming. they can sing about what they want (i have no problem with death speak and stuff), just so long as they actually "sing" when they sing.
    get rid of the double bass pedals, and let them play more prominent, sturdy, on-the-beat type of drums parts

8. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

Fidget Biscuits!!!!!! I ADORE Hanson!:) their music hasn't gone bad yet *fingers crossed* and they have beautiful sculpted hair....

9. all_rhodesian_reject

hanson do indeed have amazing hair

10. all_rhodesian_reject

11. mart_182

mart_182 Member

holy crap it's the children of the corn!!

12. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

why corn?

rhode, you got any updated pictures of hanson?

13. mart_182

mart_182 Member

pooflaps, i thought the children of the corn was the one with all the murderous blonde kiddies, but thats the village of the damned. whatever it is, hanson need to be stopped from spreading their relentless evil. mmmbop is surely the devils handiwork.

14. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

mmmbop must be one of the coolest songs ever.....
    *we are talking about hanson and mmmbop in a thread entitled: death metal*

15. jollywobblefluff

jollywobblefluff Member

death metals pretty cool really! i used to be all noooo cant listen to that my ears are gonna blow up type thing but then i went to see arch enemy play and i got into heavier stuff. although they made me sick but i liked them anyway! yeh its really easy to just say "thats utter fucking shite, its all noise and no music" but really it just takes a bit of getting used to.

16. all_rhodesian_reject

sure if u go to www.hansonhouse.com theres hundreds of pictures, there on TOTP tonight i think yay!

17. all_rhodesian_reject

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!?

18. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

oh darn it i missed totp :(