Death and dying

Discussion in 'Hippie Wisdom' started by Voice of Truth, May 17, 2011.

1. vis334

vis334 Member

your story resonated deeply within my own existence. thank you for putting into words for the feelings i have felt since seeing my wife for the first time more than 20 years ago.

Toker likes this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And I went off on a tangent with my other post and didn't say how much I appreciated you sharing your story with us. Thank you.

3. MikeVicc

MikeVicc Member

that was deep and i have much respect for you .. your are very humble but i do question some statements

you say love everything and everyone .. (I havent' read the thread so i don't know what was asked or answered ) .. but what abou someone who hates you and the world, like a mass murderer or someone like that .. a rapist, why should we love them ?

4. Kyrara-Ruxandra

Kyrara-Ruxandra Member

What you have lived, sir, is True Love... I can only hope to find someone as special as your wife; I am very sorry for your loss...
    I think what he was trying to say, MikeVicc, is that we should look at everyone as human beings, aceepting them as such, and loving them as such. Just not loving their actions. My belief is that there is a superior entity out there who will judge us for our deeds. I'm not sayinmg we shouldn't keep a mass murderer or rapist in jail, we need SOME order, I'm just saying we should forget about them... that hurts the most...

5. Voice of Truth

Voice of Truth Member

Love them but not their actions.
    Literally everyone can be touched and brought around to being a loving humanbeing. Let me give you an example. (I hate to use Hollywood as an example but a film can help ilustrate an explanation.)

In the film "The return of Billy Jack." There is a young boy that was badly abused. He was almost animal like in his mannerisms and extremly violent. However, one young lady refused to give up on him and she just kept on pouring love and affection into his soul. Eventually, the young boy started to live again.

I've seen my fair share of life. I'm an old man and I have no regrets. However, I have learned a few things and I would really like to pass on what I know. I suppose that might be the reason I allowed the Internet to be installed in my home. (Because otherwise, I really don't trust technology)

So let me tell you something that I know.

You can call it a person's soul, their hart, their mental-self image, etc. Because it really doesn't matter what name you give it, it all refers to the same thing. It's that "difficult-to-describe-thing" which makes us humanbeings worthy of the gift of life. And it needs love to grow and develop. As it grows and develops, it helps feed what hides in other people, so that they too may grow and develop.

But sometimes this beautiful thing gets broken or for some reason requires more love and attention than most others. If you imagine it like a jar or some sort of container that can hold water. Some people have a hole or a very deep one and you just got to keep pouring in the love until the hole is plugged or vessal is filed enough until they can see the love inside it.

And that's what this is about.
    You got to love even those that you hate. And you have to be willing to live your life this way to the point that you would prefer to die rather than stop. When you reach that point, no one and nothing can hurt you. Not a rapist, mass murderer, George Bush, etc.

6. MikeVicc

MikeVicc Member

Ahhh that was a well thought out response ..

I kind of understand now .. I wasn't trying to be a bee buzzin around you either , just wanted some input and feedback because in a way i admire your thinking .. but i guess i am just not on that level yet so i won't understand until i have the same experience as you .. hopefully that can be soon .. like over the next weeks/months/years cause i'm still young .. thank you though for the positive outlook and hope to run into you again in this forum ,, as i might keep viewin this thread

7. DianaBee63

DianaBee63 Member

Wonderful beautiful post, OP.

This reminds me of a line from one of my favorite songs: "He not busy being born is busy dying"
    Which is why I live in the present and make my moments count... My goal is to make one person's pain go away,even if just for a while, make one person smile, help someone out, each and every day. Makes life a lot better, I think. At least, it helps me to be fulfilled. I don't know what lies on the other side, but as far as I know this could be the only life I get and I have to use it well. You gotta find your purpose and go for it wholeheartedly.

8. CrabbyPaws

CrabbyPaws Member

Oh god, I'm crying.

9. wisp

wisp Member

That was beautiful , i am so sorry for your loss .To spend your life with your soulmate , in love and friendship is the most precious gift of all
    peace be with you

10. flowerofpeace

flowerofpeace Member

there is no need to fear death, i agree with you there. death is just another process of living. i've learned to accept death, whenever it may come, and when i die i will be happy, because its just another part of nature.
    and love; love is a beautiful thing. i only hope that one day i will find someone to love as much as you loved your partner, and who feels the same way about me. love.

11. alwayscrackers

alwayscrackers Member

a beautiful thread, love is everything, if only there were more of it around then the world would know true peace.

i understand that voice of truth is now re-united with his love, rest in peace together both of you and thank you for helping me too with your words.

12. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I am sorry to hear that. Rest in Peace. Beautiful thoughts to live (and die) with.

13. tryptamines

tryptamines Member

Your story truly warmed my heart, though I'm glad she's still with you in essence, RIP to her. I'm a youngster, but I too, have had the luck to fall in love. It's a learning experience. Love can transcend all the petty cares of materialistic life. Too bad it seems that love nowadays is devalued and instead you see people being disposable. Where is the love? Fear sells, sadly.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk 4

14. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What a beautiful post and story.....I have no words.....

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I'm so glad I just read this thread... this is so lovely and yes, sad in a way that OP passed away but also, it seems like he was at peace. Anyways, I just really, really love this thread. :)

16. vip11

vip11 Members

Fear of death only prevails if you are postponing your pleasure; I mean if you are unable to enjoy the inner demand of your soul. if ever your lifestyle matches your pleasures there will be no fear of death. you will enjoy every moment of life with no fear of death.

17. All Love is Good

All Love is Good Members

Never stops being inspirational.

Rest in peace VOT

18. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like a Life, of Love, well Lived - and fine example of for others to follow

19. poukepse

poukepse Members

Reading this in November of 2022. Made me tear up - How you described your wife is absolutely beautiful.
    What a touching story and a valid point. I certainly hope you are doing well.

Toker likes this.