Dear world- Im Angry

Discussion in 'Activism' started by guybob1000, Oct 3, 2009.

1. guybob1000

guybob1000 Member

I look around the world and i see chaos. We as the people are made ever more insignificant as large forces in the shape of politicians and corporations do things that we do not understand. We are experiencing a nation killing itself with greed.

The corporations own the government. Some people seem like there are trying to do good but really right now who the hell knows what to do.

I feel such unfocused rage, all I know is that while I have no idea what the fuck this world should be, I know WHO should decide. That is us. We need to form a direct democracy facilitated by the internet. WE ARE GOOD. WE ARE DECENT WHEN WE ACT TOGETHER. Give the political power to the people and the people will own their world as opposed to the world owning them. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO THE SAME VOICE REGARDLESS OF WHO YOU ARE, WHETHER YOU HAVE BEEN ELECTED TO THE SENATE OR ARE STARVING IN A DUMPSTER.

Think about this. In the current system corporations make the biggest influence in political decisions. They have the money and money buys the power.

When the people are the masters of themselves they will not draw up legislation that gives ridiculous sums of money to private companies in sneaky moves.

Diffuse the power to everyone and it cannot be bought.

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

so what if the nation dies (from greed)... a nation is only a story ... many have come and gone . consider it already gone , oh , master of yourself and power president for all . then maybe you can lovingly focus your anger and certainly not for love of nation . a story of nation has been imposed on your reality . so forgive that , eh ? don't need no leader . you can have all the power you need . money cannot buy it . i give to you diffusely .

one day - i think it was in the evening and all in single moment - i had lost my religion and its promise of eternal life . i did feel in the next moment a sadness for this . then there came another moment and it was just ok and not very exciting .

to discover the we of power - hmmm ... it's probably of something in our nature that's generally been repressed by stress and will inevitably re-emerge if the next revolution is peaceful . or is this just another story ?

3. Skizm

Skizm Member

We aren't a democratic nation. We're a capitalist nation.

4. Rage on, my good man.

5. IntellectualCurious

IntellectualCurious Member

hmm, really? because I just voted... and guess, what, my candidate won.

6. ci0616

ci0616 Banned

First off, this nation was built on greed. Look up Manifest Destiny sometime, it's almost amusing that Americans in general have had this sense of entitlement for hundreds of years.

The idea of a direct democracy is intriguing, but unpractical. I think the voting system is fine the way it is for now.