Dear "god"...

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Libertine, Aug 18, 2005.

1. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The bible is no more bullshit than the story of the Titans, or
    any other cultural myth for that matter.

It is a peoples story of their god. it wasnt made for
    world distribution like it is today. The same could
    have happened with the Roman pantheons or
    the Hindu ones, had they had the same backing
    that the Christian church had.

The myths arent even for the Christians,
    they just adopted them. this "god" in
    the Bible isnt GOD, but a god, just
    like Bael or Odin, or any other
    cultures father god.

All cultures have decent from a founding
    ancestor, same with the Semitic tribes
    and their god.

Yahweh, the Biblical OT god, was but
    one of a pantheon of Semitic gods,
    but was jealous and vain and took
    over to be "supreme" that is why
    the Jews were to have no other god
    before him, because he was just that way.

Dont confuse God with a capital g
    with just some other god with a
    good publicist.

2. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Nope. God controls them too. Everything feels Gods actions in individual ways... God specifically molds what you feel for your own self.

Some people, God hides God's existence from so that people who know God can laugh at them, and they laugh at those who know God for 'knowing' God. God is pretty funny, after all.

Anyway, fools can't help being fools, so you might as well enjoy them.

3. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Kharakov, until you can prove this bullshit, you're wasting your typing skills on me.

"Blowin' in the wind...."

4. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

I dunno, I kinda like saying the truth. You know what I say is true, you just enjoy it when God lies.
    Lol... was just thinking about that song 5 minutes ago...

5. Libertine

I stopped taking you seriously a while back, Khrakky.

6. YellowBellyHippy

YellowBellyHippy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

VERY true~

7. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

This fits more in the Judaism forum. Sorry pal, we Christians don't do Leviticus.
    Dear God, get all the Jews that follow Leviticus saved.

8. Libertine

Oh really? Another "version" Christianity.

Well, I am sorry your "brand" doesn't recognize the Old Testament.

Why don't you make that comment in Judaism Forum and get your ass handed back to you...

9. ryupower

Oh, I talk with my pals there every now and then.

But there isn't a single denomination that follows Leviticus. Because we've got a New Covenant.

10. Libertine

Oh, well...THAT clears it up.

11. ryupower

So much for Leviticus:

Romans 7:1-8:1
    7:1 Freed from the Law

Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law ), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? 2 For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law , so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. 4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another — to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law , having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 Sin's Advantage in the Law

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law . For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet." 8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. 9 I was alive once without the law , but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me. 12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.
    13 Law Cannot Save from Sin

Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
    21 I find then a law , that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord!
    So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

NKJV

12. Libertine

Mmmm...All this PROOF for your Invisible Man and his religion is SO convincing..

13. ryupower

Just showing that the Law to...well...follow the Law was abolished. We don't do Leviticus, because that's been changed as you can see. ;)

14. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

There was a law to follow the law? Lalala, lalala, hey hey hey, Good bye...

15. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Dont do leviticus? How do you figure? The god you worship said it.

16. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Libertine my man I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you a D- on this post in academic correctness and that only out of Christian Charity. It seems you like most modern so called Christians are fond of quoting Jewish text (Old Testament) and calling it Christian. As a quasi hard shell red letter Baptist Taoist I feel I must point out that if it ain't in red letters, in other words if Jesus didn't say it it ain't Christian!

On being interesting and humor I'm giving ya'll an A+. *LOL* ;)

17. YellowBellyHippy

YellowBellyHippy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I really wanna fuck Jesus, he was so damn hot. I wonder what he was like in bed, I mean I wonder if he was sexual back in the day? and if he was, was he good? Was he naughty? I would like a spanking from Jesus.

18. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

huh? isnt god suposed to be a trinity according to the bible? god the father son & casper the freindly ghost?
    so the son is more powerful then daddy? typical rebelious kid, tryin to take all the credit

19. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i think jesus is getting spanked right now by his dad

son..what the hell did you do? i sent ya down there to have alook saround & you start a huge cult? now i got millions of idiots praying for both teams in every football game & sending armies to theyre death in my name..all i wanted to do was create a lil plaything & see what developed & now i cant get a momments peace

i gave them free will to think on theyre own so theyd leave me alone & in just 1 visit u turn em into mindless robits completely dependent on my approval
    i think i'll destroy the world just so i can tale a nap..
    but hey..i'll save that libertine fella..hes kinda
    entertaining

20. moon flower

moon flower Member

lol soaring eagle

thats great lol :D