Dear Americans, can I come to your house for Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Piaf, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I've never experienced American Thanksgiving.
    Seems so fun in the movies.

I'll bring baklava.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sure, but we're not having a traditional Thanksgiving meal.

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I seem to remember there being football games on television in years of Thanksgivings passed.

American football. I like the sport less and less as I grow older. Sadly, someday I know I will subscribe to television once again (as of now I do not), and the only thing to do on weekends in fall will be to watch football.

It's not that American football isn't entertaining. It is! :) But I don't agree with the mentality of the Carl's Jr. commercials, and the cell phone ads. It's really the objectification of women that I find really abhorrent. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't watch much football, really. As I said, I don't subscribe to cable, thus the only TV I watch is via DVD player. I don't have an antenna or anything...

But I digress. Piaf, Thanksgiving is really all about extended family. In my family, my mother's relatives usually get together somewhere (I'm sure my father's side does too, but we celebrate Thanksgiving with my mom's side...) and hang around dipping chips or veggies in whatever concoction someone has decided makes a good dip while we wait for dinner. And as I mentioned there may or may not be American football on the television.

Sad that television plays a role. Last year I seem to recall my younger cousin texting (not at the table though) at some point. It's probably exactly what you'd expect. Before we ate we did a Thanksgiving prayer and each person said something they are thankful for. I think I said something very mundane, like "I'm thankful to be here with my family" or something like that.

Anyway... this year my parents are going to one of my older cousin's (their niece's) house and I'm house sitting for them. No, there won't be a party. :)

magickman likes this.
  4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I'm not a fan of turkey at all (love the country, though!). In fact, I would rather not eat it lol.

So what are we having?

magickman likes this.
  5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Pork Roast, Chicken, Arroz Con Gandules, Corn Casserole, maybe some Potato Salad, maybe some Baked Beans, definitely some Desserts but we haven't decided what kind.

magickman and tumbling.dice like this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

We have turkey but we also have ham and like 15 different sides.

And after we eat we toss around a football, and then all the younger cousins (I say younger but we're all in our 30s and 40s) go bowling. Wanna go bowling?

magickman likes this.
  7. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Prepare to be stuffed silly. I've been to Thanksgiving at my brother's, and the food just keeps on coming.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i would be much happier eating baklava with you than doing a traditional american thanksgiving.

i just have to spend the day with my parents. there's no extended family involved anymore. so it's not too bad, although driving 2 hours each way is kind of annoying.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Thanks giving? Is that like code name for the Green Bay game?

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Sure thing Piaf,

We have a spot for you at the little table with the kids.

11. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Going hiking that day. Would hate to waste a day off celebrating an American holiday, too much nationalism and lies for me.

themnax likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Gobble gobble gobble

13. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Germans are aren’t allowed to celebrate Thanksgiving only AmericansLike to kill turkeys

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Turks were stopped from invading central Europe in Austria. We done our fair share of Turkey killing. ;)

magickman likes this.
  15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i live in the country you mention. my mom had a big family but i no longer have addresses for cousins i've not seen in decades.
    never met any of my dad's relatives at all.

only once in my life, when my mom's sisters and their husbands were still alive, was i ever at a big family thing like that, and that was in 1959, when i was 11.

i did go to a thanksgiving get together of the local furrys about three years ago at one of their houses.

when my wife was alive, it was just her and me. and we stopped having turkey because of all the ghosts of turkeys and zombie turkeys.
    this year, i don't really have any plans. and i live in a little tiny place that i don't thing more the five people could fit inside of, nor find places to sit.

i may micro-wave some turkey burger and put some cream of mushroom gravy on it.
    i'm thankful for the internet and being able to share the pictures i create on fur affinity though.

ZenKarma likes this.
  16. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Le Sigh.......:laughing:

Cheers Glen.

18. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I would let you into my home, but only because you're attractive. If you were ugly, then fuck no would I let some ratchet Eastern European into my home. :p

r0llinstoned likes this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Too fly for a home girl, she ain't a runaway chick from the block she's a ratchet from the hood

20. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Why certainly!

You will be joining Stan and me, my brother and his wife, and a couple of other good friends here. We will make room for you, too, one more. There is always room for one more around here.

Stan will be your happy taxi service the night before picking you up at the airport or train station with a smile and friendly conversation......
    I will still be home working away in preparation for the big day......right up until the last minute....

Thanksgiving morning, we will watch the Thanksgiving day parade on tv, as it opens up the Christmas holiday season here in the US, and Santa makes an appearance with his twinkling eyes and red suit and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas at the end of the parade.

I will be in the kitchen all day preparing so many different things, but you will have plenty of people to talk to you here. A friend of mine will talk to you for hours, and you will not have to say anything, but nod once in awhile to let her know you are listening. Don't worry ..she is very entertaining and beautiful, too, in many ways. She will have you listening waiting to hear what's next. If you you get tired of listening to her, there are others here you can talk to, or come talk to me slaving away in the kiitchen......

I am preparing a large stuffed turkey. My stuffing is a secret recipe and is one of my favorite parts of the Thanksgiving dinner. I am sure you will love it also....I am also making cinnamon, sliced sweet potatoes with nutmeg butter, mashed, garlic, parsley, butter potatoes made from scratch and real potatoes.....hey, why don't you chat with my brother for a little while, as he peels all of those potatoes...that is always his job, as he very quick and good doing it, and likes to. I am also getting fresh asparagus ready, shitake mushrooms and wild rice, dinner rolls, corn...and I am concentrating, as everything has to be finished at once in time to serve...............Condiments will include whole berry cranberry sauce, and olives....and there is cidar to drink, as well as soda or juice or water.....if you want to have a drink, that is fine, too.....
    Thanksgiving supper will be served around 6 pm......and we can all gather at the dining room table......and I will always be at everyone's service, ready to jump up and get you whatever else you may want or need.....so my chair is closest to the kitchen......

After bloating ourselves with the supper, we can all hibernate for a couple of hours watching TV, reading or sleeping.......and I will be back in the kitchen washing dishes..........

After our stomach's settle, there is a choice of desserts....2 kinds of apple pie, pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie and chocolate , marshmellow ice cream, so we all back at the table for round two.....

You will be so thankful you have such a warm, charming, accomodating hostess in me, and will be like everyone else and never want to leave...lol

I will also hand out Christmas stockings for everyone filled with their favorite things after supper to open the season with love, happiness and good wishes...

so come on over!

We will have fun conversation and laughter......and you can eat as much as you would like. No fasting this day....

and wear clothes you don't care about animal fur on...as there will be 5 dogs and a couple of cats wanting to spend time with you, also....

After being in a hot kitchen all day, I like to go outside on the porch in the cool night air to look at the stars and hopefully, the moon, will be in sight that night. Anyone can join me for the night, crystal, cool air.....and wishing upon stars....

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017