Dean Koontz

Discussion in 'Books' started by White Scorpion, Sep 4, 2005.

1. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

Just finished reading The Face. It's the first of his books that I've read and was overly impressed by it. There were one or two things that I wasn't happy with, but overall his writing left an impression on me. Love his dry humour. Are there any other books of his that anyone can reccomend, or ones that I should avoid?

2. Fjolnirsson

Fjolnirsson Member

Try Watchers.
    Lightning, too.

3. zeljko-h

zeljko-h Member

yes, and avoid ''intensity''
    too evil :(

4. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Some are great some are good, some are not so good. I was a faithful DRK reader until "The Taken". He ruined it with that one.

Clive Barker is both more gory AND more cerebral.

5. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

I have read some of his books, they are awesome!

6. JuneStar

JuneStar Member

i liked the Taking, it was better than a couple of his previous books(something with moon in the title sticks out in my mind) . I liked the House of Thunder, and Strangers.

7. zeljko-h

zeljko-h Member

winter moon, i think

8. White Scorpion

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. Unfortunately/Fortunately I bought The Taking before seeing the reviews above, so I can have something to read on the plane. I'll give it a try anyway, but if it's crap, I've got To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee as a spare.

Now, going back to Dean Koontz, does anybody know anything about the Frankenstein books he's written? I just found out about them. Are they any good?

9. LostNFound

LostNFound Member

my fav Koontz is Night Chills. I love stories with a mind control theme and Koontz really hits the spot here with this book.

10. solaris

solaris Member

I am reading that one now. It's pretty good. Freaky, but good.

11. Brkonthru2daothersid

Brkonthru2daothersid Member

Koontz is the best. You want to know what I think of him look at my previous posts. I have written a lot about Koontz in them here in the Books sections. I would recommend Koontz by far. Hes one of the best authors I have came upon. I actually write him and I get a monthly newsletter back every month that talks about his upcoming books for free. My friend wrote him while we were in high school and got a peronalized letter by him back. NICE! I have read so many books by Koontz that I cant even begin to tell you. LOL I started out with The Watchers and loved it and and became hooked on them. I have an entire collection of them. You like sci-fi then read Koontz.

12. White Scorpion

Thanks for the recommendation insanejester. I'll get hold of a copy and post back when I've read it.

13. twist1up4me

twist1up4me Member

i'm reading forever odd by koontz right now. not his best but it's not too bad. it's a follow up to odd thomas...