Dealing with single guys

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by groovy41, May 13, 2004.

1. groovy41

groovy41 Member

Hello my husband and I go to this resort, and this one was staring at us and he moved closer and closer, it made us feel uncomforterable, what should we do, plus he parked next to us and said oh by the way we are neighbors, that upset us a little, I think he was stocking us, so at one in the morning we moved to another campsite to get away from this goofball. Any ideas as to handle this if it occurs again? Any feedback would great! Thank you.

2. jiimaan

jiimaan Banned

So essentially what you're saying is that this person concerned you simply because of the fact that he was a lone male?

3. dotadave

dotadave Member

She does sound a little paranoid. I'd need more details to make a judgement like that.

4. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

I don't take too kindly to intrusions on my peace, either. Especially when I'm camping, or doing some other activity, where the main goal is to get away from other people...

I've found that being direct, is generally the best thing to do.

"Um, pardon me if this seems rude... But, we are out here to be alone and we really don't want anyone else's company. Please leave us alone."

Yeah, you sound like a jerk, but they get the message and usually leave you to yourselves.

An aggressive "Go away." works, too... But, you generally don't have to say that, unless they're intoxicated (in my experience).

If speaking to the person doesn't do the trick. Move. I've switched sites for less, because my "neighbors" were loud and stuff...

5. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I know I'm bringing up an old thread, but what kind of resort was this, what were you wearing?What other kind of people were there? If your in all out peace signs, tie dye and birks, driving around in a vw pop top, he probably thought you were some nice hippies he could chat or have a bowl with. Maybe he's on vacation too, and wanted someone to hang out with. Then again, he could be a psyco...

6. thesaint

thesaint Member

have your man kick his ass!!!!

7. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Or stop being so paranoid. Whatever works...