dealing tobacco

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by backtothelab, May 15, 2004.

1. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

alright, i've heard that ny has horrible taxes on tobacco, like a pack is like 10 dollars. is this true? my buddy claims that he knows someone who wants quite a bit, and he asked if i was interested. i've never been to new york, and this sounds kind of fishy. i trust the guy, just not whoever is up there, u know. and is this legal?

2. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

It's not cut-and-dry legal, but you won't have any problems, surely.

He does realise he can just buy duty-free cigarettes for, like, $1.50 a pack off the Internet, right?

3. backtothelab

well, this is gonna be alot of cigarettes, i mean, literally he's gonna buy till he can't fit any in his car

4. eat_some_LSD

Well, you better buy 'em cheap so you can make a little profit off him. ;) I'd recommend stopping here in NC or in VA and make the purchase on the way...particularly Winston-Salem, where RJR Tobacco has pretty much a warehouse where you won't look strange buying in bulk, as well as being able to buy the cheapest name-brand smokes on the face of the planet. :p

5. backtothelab

oh, he's buying bulk. lol, did you think he was gonna go to every gas station in town to get smokes:)

6. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

that does sound a little sketchy.

but its your deal... but yeah do what eat_some said, stop in NC(not virginia!). they have pretty cheap cigs there. there pretty pricey here in VA, at least the part i live in.

7. ericf

ericf Member

Okay, this is not legal and you can be arrested for it. Black market cigs are a major problem and if you have a car visibly full (especially of different brands) you can expect trouble. I would be super careful doing this... the states don't like you taking away their income.

8. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

You could find cigs cheap in VA. 2.36 a pack. Just go to a Costco, Sam's Club and buy a shitload, load them up in your car and drive to NY. However if your caught you have to deal with the ATF.

9. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

i personally know people who have been busted for this lol. DONT TRY IT. IT IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! END TRANSMISSION:---

10. madboy139

madboy139 Member

10 bucks a pack? dude come to kansas. does 4 dollars a pack of Camels sound good?

11. eat_some_LSD

Meh, try $2.50. ;)

12. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

Cigs are from $6-8 for a pack in NYC. Delis will usually sell individual cigs for $.50 each.

13. eat_some_LSD

*lol*

We pay $.50 for individual cigarettes here...but only in jail. :p

14. backtothelab

haha, im gonna have so much fucking money

15. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

Hell, even is SF bay area, Marlboros are only like 3.10 if you buy by the carton

16. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

50 cents a cigg!?!?!?!

shit, i bum like 10 ciggs a week! they're free!
    dont get me wrong i keep a pack on me, but when im out im a bum.

and dont deal tobbacco, you will get caught, and i think its a federal offense

17. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

It is a federal offense, but that just means it's not local or state. It doesn't necessarily mean it's any worse than an offense that falls into a different branch's jurisdiction.

Hacking across state lines is a federal crime, hacking in your own state is a state crime. They'll both get you similar punishment.

18. vintage soul

vintage soul Member

buy your cigs from the indians!! government isnt allowed to tax there items and my mom has bought a carton for 5 dolla from them they are an off brand like smokin joes well thats the kind she had got

19. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

The traditional run is NC to NY.

It's been going on for decades.

20. imabuildingburning

imabuildingburning Member

Here in chicago the average price is $4 and change, though some counties recently had a tax jack-up on them and a pack is like $5.50 at those spots. Bad times...I'm glad I almost never buy cigarettes anymore. =)