DEA raided a medical marijuana Dis, first under OBAMA abmin

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by deleted, Jan 23, 2009.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

SAN FRANCISCO, CA — The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) raided a medical marijuana dispensary today in South Lake Tahoe, California, in the first days of the new Obama Administration. Even though President Barack Obama had made repeated promises during his election campaign to end federal raids in medical marijuana states, a California medical cannabis dispensary, complying with state law, was robbed at gunpoint by DEA officers.
    Medical marijuana and an unknown amount of cash was seized during the raid today from Holistic Solutions, but no arrests were made. This first DEA raid under the new Obama Administration is another example of more than 100 raids on medical marijuana providers that have occurred in California over the past two years. While the greatest federal enforcement has occurred in California, the DEA has been active in other states as well. Federal agents raided the Washington State offices of a medical marijuana advocacy group that was supplying starter plants to hundreds of authorized patients. In Oregon, a federal grand jury was used by the DEA to obtain the medical records of several patients, an effort that was later rejected by a federal court. The DEA also went as far as to threaten New Mexico officials for planning to implement that states medical marijuana distribution program.
    “I would not have the Justice Department prosecuting and raiding medical marijuana users,” Senator Obama said in an August 2007 statement. “It’s not a good use of our resources,” he continued. This statement was followed up by Obama in other public events in the run up to the election.
    Steve Kubby, Director of the American Medical Marijuana Association said he believes the raid shows the rogue nature of the DEA and called for President Obama to “do the right thing for medical marijuana patients and their providers.”
    “Just as Gitmo prisoners have been held without charge and then ‘tried’ in courts where they’re not allowed full rights of the accused, in medical marijuana cases, well-intentioned people are charged with activities that aren’t crimes in California, and denied the chance to present a defense. President Obama did the right thing with closing Guantanamo Bay, let’s hope he will provide similar protection to medical marijuana patients and their providers,” said Kubby

[​IMG]OBAMA...

2. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Like I said...

A puppet of the establishment.

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

more change you can believe in...

4. skierdood

skierdood Space For Rent

Yup and everyone looked at me like I had 3 heads when I never hopped on the obama nut swing.

5. Softerthanice223

Softerthanice223 Member

Duuude that is not cool.

6. skamikaze

skamikaze Coffee Addict

More of the same.

7. RandomOne

RandomOne Member

As I said in the other thread, Obama didn't order this raid. He just hasn't gotten around to stopping the DEA raids yet, this was the DEA acting on their own, under their current and previous rules. Mr. Obama is busy dealing with far greater human rights violations first (such as Gitmo) as he should be. If these raids are still going on in 1-2 years then we have a right to complain. He is a busy man and doesn't need to deal with every drug raid in the country, there are many more important matters in the country of America!

8. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

^ oh good, he can let all the terrorists and soon-to-be-suicide-bombers go free so they come back and blow up more planes?

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ill just toss this in here.. no need to make a thread for it.. THE ENTIRE CREW.. :)
    Jan 21, 2009..
    The entire crew of a South African airways flight were arrested as they landed in London yesterday after nearly120 pounds (54 kilograms) of cannabis and cocaine was found in their luggage, customs officials said.
    The flight attendants and pilots on a flight from Johannesburg to London were taken into custody at Heathrow as they passed through customs, Bob Gaiger of HM Revenue and Customs said.
    He said customs officials found 110 pounds (50 kilograms) of cannabis in three of their bags. One of the bags also contained around eight pounds (4 kilograms) of cocaine, worth around £160,000.
    MtGaiger said it was not immediately clear who the bags belonged to...

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Why are you blaming Obama.. he doesn't make the calls for the DEA... the head of the DEA does... you act like magically Obama is gonna wave his wand and everything is gonna be perfect

11. Softerthanice223

Softerthanice223 Member

Well the article is assuming that Obama made the choice.

So yeah I dunno.

Go find out who the DEA leader is.

12. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I believe John Walters is the current Drug Czar

13. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

It isn't good to live in fear.

That is what They want.

14. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was probably overturning more important laws in his first few days in office, let restoring FOIA and closing gitmo.

Im sure this is on his list, it just is not a priority.

15. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

yea... plus he's only been the president for what, like 3 days? with all that he's busy with, probably thinking about it all right now as we speak, marijuana is the last thing on his mind, and rightly so. i would rather have a president that focuses on the economy and the war than just marijuana laws...

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

dont piss off Willie.. :D

17. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

yeah hes busy making plans to increase the troops in Afghanistan,giving the ok to fire missiles into pakistan,,you know, general war monger stuff..

he doesnt have time to worry about pot smokers,he has innocent women and children to kill...

lol,, people are so gullible..

18. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

Obama probably needs to stock up a fat stash for his 4 year term in office!

Nah but seriously, that sucks. I honestly thought this shit was going to change... And yeah Obama really doesnt have much to do with it, I doubt the first thing on his list of things to do was to stop medical MJ raids... And Obama doesn't tell them to go, they get a signature from a judge for a search and seize.

19. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

he's been tre president for like 4 days how the hell is he supposed to have changed the country already?

20. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Withe his change stick!

How else?