DEA Agrees to Reschedule Cannabis

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by ~Zen~, Apr 30, 2024.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Everyone is saying it is a historic decision! The Drug Enforcement Agency has agreed with the top federal health agency and is now proposing to move marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA).

It was 50 years ago that cannabis was moved to the list of Schedule 1 drugs, along with heroin, cocaine and other highly addictive substances.

The Department of Health and Human Services is now saying that cannabis “has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States” and does not have the a “potential for abuse" as in the drugs or other substances in Schedules I and II.

What does it mean?

It will bring relief to the cannabis industry, enabling them to have bank accounts and take deductions for business expenses on their taxes for one thing.

It will free up restrictions and bans on scientific research of the cannabis plant.

Thank you President Biden, who encouraged this change.

princess peedge and wooleeheron like this.
  2. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I haven't consumed it in the past 40 years, but I did consume a whole lot of it during the preceding decade, and I can say it's about time.

Like tobacco or alcohol, we shouldn't encourage minors to use it. Smoking anything is bad for your heart and lungs, and it's an anti-motivational drug if ever there was one, but if an adult who is educated, gainfully employed, and not caring for an infant or toddler, nor driving a motorized or non-motorized vehicle wants to consume a bit, the federal government is now in agreement with many states.

The medical uses are limited and over-emphasized. It's always been mainly a recreational drug, but it is important for researchers to be able to study it relatively unfettered, which has been impossible until now.

I wouldn't give Biden too much credit for this. There have always been those in the DEA and FDA who wanted it re-scheduled. Biden, in his diminshed state, seems like a poster boy for what excessive marijuana consumption can do to the brain, but if he took a break from a wrinkled skinny-dip to sign-off on this, I can say: "way to go, Joe."

I'm mildly in favor. Those greatly in favor should take a long hard look in the mirror when they have a grandson or grandaugher who doesn't want more in life than to sit on their parents' couch, smoke weed, and play video games for the rest of their lives.

There, but for the grace of God and its Shedule I classification, went I as a youth.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
  3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

A quarter of all federal prisoners are still harmless potheads, but this is the first real step, and proves that money can buy relief from the courts.

Sometimes, justice is simply being left alone.

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh, thank you daddy Your decision may be 70 --80 years late, but thank you so much. Good thing no one had to go to jail because of weed, daddy. Thank you for your all-knowing magnificence. ( curtsies and backs away slowly):cool:

princess peedge and ~Zen~ like this.
  5. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Why is the story "DEA agrees" who makes the laws the people or these 3 letter agencies?

6. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

Well you people complain...........i live in the Netherlands and weed is still illegal........*sigh*

By law it is "tolerated"(smoking/growing).......and mostly get thrown out of courts........but if they really want screw you they still can.

Also for shopholders they abite by laws(age/ect), pay taxes...............but have to buy there stock/merchandise illegally, with all risks(ripdeals)

:D

Mzzls