Dazed And Confused

Discussion in 'Comedy Movies' started by DazedAndConfused, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Puddin'

Puddin' Banned

It's nothing special. I mean, I laughed occasionally during it, but it's not exactly clever in relation to other movies. I don't get what the fuss is.

Also, why do you people feel the need to defend it so much? Can't handle other opinions? EH?! heh.:p

2. SpiralOut

SpiralOut Member

um, maybe because i love it and understand it??? and can't you handle the fact that you could be wrong?

3. Puddin'

Puddin' Banned

It's my opinion... How can I be wrong?

4. SpiralOut

SpiralOut Member

well if that's how it goes, how can you be right?

5. Puddin'

Puddin' Banned

Because to me, my opinion is ALWAYS right. And my opinion is that Dazed and Confused is an okay movie and waaaaay overrated. But see, I like the band Pavement a LOT, I pretty much think they're the greatest band ever, but I'm betting you don't, and I'm okay with that, heck, I'm better than okay with it. Just cause I don't like a movie doesn't mean it's bad for EVERYONE.

6. Puddin'

Puddin' Banned

If that didn't make sense... then just.... NER! HA! THAT showed you!

7. ~MorningManiacMusic~

~MorningManiacMusic~ Banned

That kid mitch pissed me off:mad: ...The first time I watched it I was sober,and thought it was ok...But when I watched it stoned I freakin' hated it!:confused:

8. Dazed and Confused is one of the best comedies about life at school ever written and I've seen a lot of films. I think its too subtle and 'intelligently idiotic' (i just made that up) for regular folks to understand. The Breakfast Club even though its lame and its 80s kicks ass for me

9. Imagine17

Imagine17 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Love the movie, can watch it oooodles of times and still enjoy it.

10. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

This is my alltime favourite movie.I wish my high-scool was like it!Just love Slater so much hehe
    "Slater: Imagine how many people out there are fuckin' right now man, just goin' at it.".hehehe[​IMG]
    or
    " Slater: George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man. "
    Fuckin` hilarious:p

11. Magicwoman69

Magicwoman69 Member

ive seen it a long time ago
    but its a great movie

12. sunshine829

sunshine829 Member

I LOVE it! So many classic quotes:

Slater: Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man.

Slater: This place used to be off limits, man, 'cause some drunk freshman fell off. He went right down the middle, smacking his head on every beam, man. I hear it doesn't hurt after the first couple though. Autopsy said he had one beer, how many did you have?
    Mitch: Four.
    Slater: You're dead, man, you're so dead. Look at the blood stains right there.

Wooderson: Say, man, you got a joint?
    Mitch: No, not on me, man.
    Wooderson: It'd be a lot cooler if you diid.

Slater: I'm letting you have shotgun. But I want you to know it's because only 'cuz I'm goin' inside.

I LOVE IT!

13. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

I should be going to lee high school. but boundries got swtched. the school in that movie was Lee also

14. sniffmagikmarkrs

sniffmagikmarkrs Senior Member

haha yeah

15. no direction home

no direction home Member

my favorite part of that movie is when mike, tony, and the redhead (can't remember her name, it's been awhile) are in the car and mike goes into this whole speech about how he doesn't wanna be a lawyer anymore... and when they ask him what he wants to do he belts out: "I WANNA DANCE!"

THAT is a classic movie moment...

i don't know how well-known this is, but one of my favorite drinking games is that every time mitch touches his hair or his nose, you take a sip or two (or three, if you can go that fast).... that will get you WASTED

16. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

There's nothing great about the movie(minus the music in it), but it's just a great movie to watch.

17. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

I love that Dazed and Confused drawing:)A friend of mine draw it,i think its amazing:)
    [​IMG]

18. TheCosmicFool

TheCosmicFool Member

"That's what I like about these high school girls. I get older, they stay the same age"

"Don, give the beer back man"

"You know that Julie chick? Loves you. You want her? Gotta play it cool, you know. You can't let her know how much you like ?cause if she knows, she'll dump you like that. Believe me. Like, if she asks you if you want a ride, you say, "No, I've got my own ride, but maybe I'll see you later." Sounds stupid, doesn't it? It works"

"Okay guys, one more thing, this summer when you're being inundated with all this American bicentennial Fourth Of July brouhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating, and that's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic, white males didn't want to pay their taxes"

"A Slut? She called me a slut? That Bitch!
    Everyone calls you a slut!
    Shavone!"

Classic.

I don't think i could ever get tired of this movie. Ever. Well, maybe in like ten years, but wait I have been watching it for over ten years..hmmm...

19. DayTripping

DayTripping Member

"Hey Slater you fucking hippy, gimme drugs man!"

"Get some from your mother man!"

"Yeah, I just banged you mother!"

"Okay, fuck you dickhead!"

20. The_Moroccan_Raccoon

The_Moroccan_Raccoon Senior Member

I didn't actually like it. I don't know why. It could have been funny, but the characters had no depth whatsoever.