Dazed And Confused

Discussion in 'Comedy Movies' started by DazedAndConfused, Jun 1, 2004.

1. DazedAndConfused

DazedAndConfused Guest

What are your opinions on the movie dazed and confused?

2. MoonlightSilver

MoonlightSilver Member

I love it. The high school I went to was just like it.

3. peacelizard

peacelizard Member

Hey I rented it tonight! I first saw it on Comedy Central, but I want to see all the stuff they didn't show and it's great! I love the music and people. Gettin high everyday and just hangin out...man, those were the days (that I never lived in, but I wish...;) )

4. joe

joe Banned

i really cant understand why people are so obsessed about this movie, it was just a bunch of teenagers gettin high

5. peacelizard

peacelizard Member

Its a damn good movie. It's not Gone With The Wind or Harry Potter, but I think it's a damn good movie. I'm fourteen, bored, and like to watch people get high in movies. So be it.

6. hippie_au

hippie_au Member

:) :) i love this movie.. i can understand why most people dont like it.. BUT I THINK ITS GROOOOOOOOOVY...:D

7. Tykn130

Tykn130 Member

I love it and it kicks ass. Everyone in the last day of school goes out and party thats kickass. And come home around 6 in the morning

8. DazedAndConfused

DazedAndConfused Guest

I have read your replies before. It would be better if you try to open your mind a little more or you'll pass out from lack of oxygen to your brain!

9. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Yeah, that movie is exactly like my life:rolleyes:
    Despite how terribly unrealistic it was, i thought it was a great flick.

10. YogaOfLove

YogaOfLove Member

i thought it was a shitty movie, that wasnt captivating at all:( i got bored watching it, thats no fun, if a movie is called dazed and confused it should be fun and intriguing to watch stoned eh? blah oh well

11. AquaMoon

AquaMoon Member

Haven't seen it for years, but enjoyed it back then. It's good fun. Nothing much deeper than that, but that's cool.

12. trippytrippy

trippytrippy Member

I think it is a great movie and its really funny, i can watch it over and over. i dont understand why someone wouldnt like it. dazed and confused makes me wish that i grew up in the 70s.

13. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

yeah, I love it. movies don't have to deep to be enjoyable - i think d&c is nostalgic, funny and yeah, just enjoyable. (and how I wish guys still dressed like that :p )

14. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

You asked for opinions on the movie...he gave you his. Damn...if you only wanted *good* opinions on the movie...you should've asked something along the lines of *Who enjoyed this movie*....

It was an Ok movie, not the best...not the worst.

15. SpiralOut

SpiralOut Member

damn some of you are off of the mark! i mean i don't mind people just not liking it, but come on.. it's a cult classic, and some of you are dissing the shit out of it... and guess what? it just isn't anywhere near as bad as you say! it may be "overrated" in the world of pot smokers and hippies, but that still doesn't make it as "bad" as you say.

how is it not realistic? and how is it not deep? here's a trick.. if you ever watch it again, put it before yourself, and watch it with an open mind! ya know?.. let THE ART try and communicate to you for once, instead of the other way around... throw your extreme expectations into the bin, and tell your judgmental side to leave you alone until the film has ended... perhaps your style of drug use is just screwed up? maybe you're a pothead that never stops smoking, or maybe you're a stoner-wannabe that knows nothing about the drug culture; and is smoking shitty weed?..

honestly, the people that love this film just understand it. everyone i know that loves this film only love it because they can totally relate to it. they can relate to practically everything in it. it's not because they're trying to get into some 70s hippy trend to please the "in" crowd... it's not because they're posers... it's because they're true to themselves and true to their life experiences. actually, i think you'd find that most of the fans of this film aren't posers at all, but instead, very, very honest people. perhaps the most honest people in the world... think about it... well i guess you can't if you're some some kind of anti-stoner stoner. :p

anyway, back to the relating thing... from what i've seen on the net about this film, aswell as real life, it appears that 99% of its fans highly relate to these things... the music, the characters, the era, the flow (doesn't it just make you feel like partying, fans?), the experiences (yes, freshmen did get beaten like that etc), the cars, the questions which the film poses, the women, the (obviouslly) fairly well hidden messages, and the comedy. they see how smart and funny it truly is... and god bless them. :p and you see, it's basically the whole frigging film that they relate to.

i wonder what d&c haters of the world think of human traffic?

16. most people dont get really good films, only really obvious and sentimental hollywood ones.

17. dweezil111

dweezil111 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

if you are like me, when you watch this movie you can relate someone you know to any one of the characters in that movie

18. karma lennon

karma lennon Member

it's my favorite. i love it. i love that it shouldn't be taken seriously but just an all-around enjoyable film with great music and unforgettable characters.

19. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

my favourite movie.

20. Acorn

Acorn Member

its been a while since ive seen it. i think it was pretty good.