Day 13

Discussion in 'Food Allergies' started by mamamojo, Jan 8, 2010.

1. mamamojo

mamamojo Member

So I know that I have issues with dairy. I recently discovered I had issues with soy and to the recco of my sister I went off wheat/gluten. Today is day 13 with no wheat. If you've ever done this you have an idea how difficult it is - but in combination with no dairy or soy it makes meal time expensive and interesting.

Just wanted to share where I am at. It's frustrating and few understand. Normally I'd still consume dairy, soy and wheat and just deal with the consequences. After all I didn't even know I had these issues until I eliminated them from my diet then tried to add them back in and it made me, well - we'll call it *ill.* But I am nursing a 2month old baby and every time I eat a forbidden food she gets so gassy, spits up profusely - her poop is all weird and she is cranky franky to high heavens. So here I sit, very diligent and dedicated to a new way of eating and consequently a new way of living.

At least I can still drink coffee :coffee:

2. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

It's very hard, but you'll get used to it and get addicted to not having to deal with the consequences of the food consumption. And if it has an impact on your little one it'll be even better. :) As far as others not understanding, that unfortunately never goes away. They all like to share (as if you give a crap, lol) how they could "never live" without the stuff you aren't eating, etc. I still really don't get how a person can take something that's an issue to someone else and turn around and make it all about them by telling you how hard it would be to live without the certain foods..hehe. I've gotten to a point where I can tolerate a little bit a dairy if I limit how much I have, which is nice. I've had issues with minor food allergies over the years and things change over time. I have gone through phases where I dealt with the symptoms since I never was deathly allergic to anything (I would just deal with the weird pooping and rashes I got, lol) but I've found it's much better to avoid those things for the most part. One thing I've learned is that there's so much food out there in the world that doesn't include your allergens. Having food allergies has actually diversified the kind of foods that I try, so in a way it can expand your horizons.

3. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

are they the dreaded green poops ( the babe's)? i'm only having soymilk in the coffee in the morning...

wheat maybe 2 times a week...

I like the new nutmilks... easier to replace dairy

try quinoa, it cooks fast & is high in protein & easy to replace rice & couscous..

i can dig it.. my 2 mth old is farty & green poops, she has to be swaddled.. but thats for another thread.

I have sudied the le leche site, and am leaning towards the too much foremilk/overactive letdown thing, but even though I am nursing only one breast for what seems like 12 hours, her poops are still green, I might get one yellow out of say 6 poops.

I'm thinking an actual sensitivity to the soy. As I only do soy in the coffee EVERYDAY... I'm switching to a nutmilk asap and see what happens.

sorry if this is off topic.