Day 1 For Me!

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Sugar Magnolia, May 9, 2004.

1. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

today is the first day that I will not eat meat, eggs, dairy, or any other food with animal products. yesterday i was completely changed when i saw the things that slaughter houses and farms do to the animals, it's disgusting. i decided i'm done and i will benefit from it. i really feel sick about eating meat in the first place. but i just thought i would let you guys know and if you want to help change anyone's mind have them check out veganoutreach.org...it works.

2. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are truly awsome, going from omni to vegan in a day! Now that is will power. I'm so happy to see all these new converts, myself included (recently went from ovo-lacto veg to vegan). We need to keep it up! Whohoo! The internet is a powerful tool to show people the truth that they many not want to see.

3. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i'm glad i saw it. it made me more aware of what goes on and the thought of me benefitting from those animals' misery is so not cool. that website will also send you a free vegan starter kit package thing in the mail, i ordered one.

4. shutterfly

shutterfly Member

That's awesome!!! Be strong against you're cravings and conveniences. Going out to eat is a bitch being vegan but stand your ground. Don't settle for something that has any animal products in it if they make a mistake or just don't care enough to make sure your meal is vegan. The longer you're vegan the more fine tuned your tongue, nose and eyes will be to animal based ingredients. Good luck! I'm soooooo happy for your enlightened decision to change your culinary ways. VEGAN POWERS UNITE!!

5. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Yea! It is a hard thing to do in one day, but if you have the conviction, then awesome!! Don't let people try to talk you out of it. Be strong. Also, check your bathroom supplies, cleaners, makeup, etc. PETA has a list of all companies that don't test on animals. Most do.:(

6. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

when i used to think about it i honestly didn't think it could be done in one day either, but i guess i was wrong. so far i'm doing good and i have faith in myself. i just know that i feel so strongly about it now that i am determined and i won't let myself down.:)

7. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

sugrmag do you think you could email those lists to me? i tried to download it off of peta but my computer for some reason won't show me the pdf files. if you could that would be awesome :D

8. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

congrats, its close to ten years for me now, although i do eat the occasional cheese now.

9. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Sugar Magnolia,

I pm'd you the list.

10. SapphireSerenity

SapphireSerenity Member

11. joe

joe Banned

Dammit, we lost another one to PETA

12. Summertime

Summertime Member

Yay well done! I don't think I could have gone straight from omni to vegan (I'm still lacto-ovo). Yay! :D

Summer. xx.

13. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I was just wondering how ya did this year on your new way of eating. Have ya been able to stay away from all meat & proucts made with meat

14. minjeig

minjeig Member

good job! i wish you well with it.

and i really hope this post is from recently... because if it's not then i'll feel preeeetttty cool for posting this!