david bowie gig

Discussion in 'Music' started by madcrappie, May 10, 2004.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

just got back from a killer Bowie show. He played quite a few of his material from the 70s too....... The Man Who Sold the World, Changes, Ziggy Stardust, Rebel Rebel, Suffragette City, Fame, Quicksand, Breaking Glass, Be My Wife, and Heroes. The 80s were represented too with Ashes to Ashes, Fashion, Under Pressure, and China Girl. a few covers were thrown in the mix too, which were the Pixies "Cactus" and Velvet Underground's "White Light". My favourite moment of the night, though, had to be when they played "All the Young Dudes", I had goosebumps all over. great concert!! Fame was extra funky too....

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

How old is he now, like 57 or 58?

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

umm I would say he is 57, exactly a year older than my pops.

4. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I'm going to see David Bowie in June. He'll be coming to Provinssirock (a huuuge rock festival in Seinäjoki, Finland). I'm already so excited! :)

5. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

yeah bowie rulez

i saw him back in november in milan and he was terrific.. man...unbelievable..
    :p

6. AppleScruff

AppleScruff Member

that pixies cover must have rocked. i wonder if i could find it on kazaa.

7. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Haha, yeah, I saw him on the 25th of April and it was sooo awesome. He played Cactus there too and I was freaking out because The Pixies are so great to me. The Polyphonic Spree opened which was OUTSTANDING. They are freaking amazing and I was the only person dancing because everyone else was old and they were like "what the hell is this?" Yeah, his 3 songs of his encore were from Ziggy Stardust and I was going to mad because I was practically raised on that album. A great great time. Bowie is a badass.

8. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

polyphonic spree opened for bowie???????? thats strange. I have seen the spree before, and I know what you mean by older folks thinking that would be very weird for them. Still, I thought, when I saw the polyphonic spree at a festival last fall that they had these rather infectuous melodies that got everybody singing.... I think it would have been crazy cool to see the spree open for bowie though, just to see how everyone reacted. Stereophonics are ok, they are just a bit boring to me. They sound like every other british rock band out there.

9. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

I really wish I could see Bowie, but I have no access to people like him, seeing as though I LIVE IN OKLAHOMA!!! COLORS TOO