Dave Matthews breaks down

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Meagain, Jul 17, 2013.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So Dave Matthews gets a flat tire.
    I used to often ride my bike all around the back roads of Hershey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViJztuaGKVU"]Couple Going To Dave Matthews Concert Pick Up Hitchhiker, Happens To Be Dave Matthews Himself! - YouTube

Happened last Saturday I think.

2. My names Cory

My names Cory Senior Member

hahaha my friends told me about this over the phone. Such a cool story! :) Hershey is only like 45 minutes from my house in Pennsylvania. Used to go to Hershey Park a lot when I was younger. I also had my soccer practices in the Hershey stadium...just cool that that this happened close to home ha.

Must have been a dream come true for that girl and her boyfriend! :sunny:

3. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

rite-the-fuck-on ... way cool. thanks for making my morning !

:sunny:

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

"Stranded Dave Matthews Hitc..." The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

They should have left him stranded to prevent him from making any more music.

6. outonthetiles

outonthetiles Member

That is such a great story- that couple sure have a great story to tell for the rest of their lives. I read a story once about a pro hockey player who picked up Bono on the side of the road somewhere in Canada.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hockey-star-picks-up-hitchhiking-bono-20110602

I guess the next time I see a hitchhiker by the side of the road I should take a good look at him/her before passing them by b/c it could be a rockstar!(or an axe murderer-guess you have to spin that wheel!)

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

lol
    I live exactly 45 minutes from Hershey...
    goin there for free for hubbys work day in Aug.- getting a babysitter for the 2 yr old so can actually do the coasters. :)

take said 2 yr old up to chocolate world sometimes.. he loves it.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

haha.
    yea I have been hearing commercials on tv "DON'T MISS DAVE MATTHEWS BAND AT HERSHEY STADIUM...blah blah"

it's like... yea... eh, think i'll pass

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

I seen them a few months ago. didnt I .. wow, I cant even remember that trip. Im a have to check my journal. I do remember going, maybe it was phish . it was some band I dont care much about but the drug scene is all that. :p

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Lol @orison... I'd much rather go to a phish show then dave matthews

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

When I was in high school, it was always those annoying goody-goody girls who were on the National Honor Society that liked DMB.

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

angela was obsessed w dave Matthews from here... when we hung out she played them all the time...and then there was this hybrid that was kinda a hippy and kinda a frat boi (super poseur hippy boi) who played dave all time and talked about how awesome "dave" was and let's see... other than that he just talked about how awesome he was by not wearing shoes but yea... I can't stand most dave Matthews fans..

13. MeAgain

I really can't stand the music of Dave Matthews or Phish, but it must of been neat for the couple.

Can't understand how he would be dumb enough to not take a cell phone or a tire patch kit though. Not like he can't afford either one.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

yup, except at my school plenty of the goody goody guys liked them too.

It is a cool story though. Dave Matthews always struck me as a weird dude, it would be strange and surreal as hell to be in a car with him

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

musicians are not as rich as "some" may think they are.. IF they were, they wouldnt have to work anymore..

I dont envy the life of successful artists. very little free time, maybe thats fun to them, but its a burn out.

They are not really capable of doing anything else for a living.. and live music, no matter the artist any more. its all fake/ 1/2 live 1/2 prerecorded radio garbage.

Your paying to party in some stadium, venue , risking your freedoms drinking drugging for 3hours the most of live entertainment. that you heckle once its over..

for the cost the shows like this nowadays. you could build your own stage, lights, buy instruments, invite all your friends over for cook out and beer., and annoying your neighbors singing drunk versions of Satellite, and thats not a problem when you get hit in the balls with a lawn dart..

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I have some friends that did this. It definitely beats a Dave Matthews concert any day

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

Maybe Im getting to old. I used to love concerts.. but then it was 18.50/ 25.00. and 7.00 for parking,

now 60.00, 20.00 for parking. Are they on crack?

18. MeAgain

You must be very careful when you select who to see.
    Hot Tuna next week, $29.00!
    Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady have been together for 50 years, would be neat to run into them riding their bikes.

BTW, I've seen a number of groups for free.

19. My names Cory

My names Cory Senior Member

haha awesome! :) I will have to visit Hershey Park again someday when i'm back in the area. Used to go to chocolate world in the winter when there were no lines..as I waited for my brothers soccer practice to be over. My friend and I would just goof off and ride the chocolate world ride over and over again lol..

On a side note, I don't really like DMB's music...sounds kinda generic to me. There are still a lot of great places to see bands for cheap. I go to a lot of open mic nights with free music, and lots of the concerts in/around the city are anywhere from $5-$20..which isn't bad at all and most of the bands are really cool.

To see more famous bands you obviously will have to pay slightly more but I never had to pay anywhere near $50, to see any of the "more popular" bands I like perform...

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

seen Hot Tuna with Bob Weir many years ago..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvpaLfL34Us"]Hot Tuna w/ Bob Weir - "Big Railroad Blues" - Beacon Theater 12/4/10 - YouTube