Dating

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Mamluke, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

so basically get a dog, a cat or a robot, to fulfil all your emotional needs. that's the best it gets these days, folks.

new Athenian likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I emphasize: I see plenty of people here in the Netherlands getting solid relationships through dating sites and even tinder.
    So they do work. If they really don't work AT ALL over there (which remains arguable imo) it must be the people, not the medium. Or the medium must work different there.. which I also doubt.

Another thought; what's so bad about a declining birth rate? Or having short(er) and more relationships?

3. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Even better. You just need yourself.

Or not having any relationships at all. In answer, nothing.

4. Asmodean

Also a fair point. I just think the far majority does want a relationship. But those who doesn't are often questioned and stigmatized indeed.

5. Asmodean

I would hate it if I was of old age and in a retirement home and they would bestow a robot on me for company/social interaction. I would probably conclude society finally has utterly failed

6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

it would be good to feel more this way. i do try.

as for asmo's thing about more shorter relationships. i hate that. i'd definitely rather be alone.
    it's all the shared inside jokes and memories building up over time that i like the company of.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The best way is simply to go out and mingle with people leading an everyday life.
    You will meet plenty of people and if you feel that you would like to get to know someone better, just ask them to join you for a drink or coffee.
    Needless to say, romance is a way down the line, but if and when it happens it will be sincere and genuine. In the meantime you will be making a few friends.

Most people who I have known over the years met their partner through the work environment. I do not mean directly dating co-workers, it could be someone working for a company that you deal with, or a person who you met when you were invited to a co-workers barbecue.

The advantage of meeting people in these ways, is that you see the real person in their true colors. Making a few friends along the way is an added bonus.

Rahab likes this.
  8. Asmodean

Yes, very understandable. But its not about you. Other people who do this (mainly early in life, mind you. A lot of them end up with a longtime relationship) get shit projected on them, or society in general gets negative perceived because of it :p

Hence why I'm still wondering in reference to this was:

9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

that's not my experience. i think people think it's totally normal to do that.

10. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

Relationships can turn south on a dime , relationships are costly , marriages even costlier that is unless the person is lucky enough to have an uncontested divorce.

The odds do not favor these arrangements in our disposable " F-you " society where it's every man for himself.

One is far better off to travel light in an age where so many people are looking to cut your throat if the mood strikes them.

11. Be independent always

12. Total Darkness

I find it more insane when a person's happiness is dependent on whether they are in a relationship or not. Or whether they have friends or fit in. :/

Well then try harder. :p

I'm kidding. But yeah i understand its not easy.

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so no one else was completely stumped by this word jumble? maybe i just need to go to bed. alone, of course, because i live in a small town where everyone is married by the time they turn 19. i think that's on topic for this thread, but again, it's hard to tell when the OP was barely in english in the first place.

14. I've never been on a date, nor will I ever go on a date. I loathe the thought of trying to impress some girl...some girl whose history probably includes being gang banged by twelve big black cocks, you know? And here, I sit in judgment? haha I think not.

15. Total Darkness

A song.....for the lonely :p

16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'm happy on my own, and extremely independent.
    I'm just feeling sad about it at the moment because of the contrast.
    Once i'm used to it, I'm fine. I won't go looking for anyone.

Total Darkness likes this.
  17. It is kind of an empty feeling, not being special to anyone. But then you also realize that that whole feeling of being special to someone is a delusion that you and they self-perpetuate just to gratify yourselves.

Total Darkness likes this.
  18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

oh i dunno. he is still special to me and he's treated me like trash for the last five weeks.
    i'm not angry. i love him. everyone's got to do what makes them happy.

19. I truly am desperate for that sort of validation. To be special to someone. How pathetic.

20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

it's not pathetic. most of us are.