Dating a much younger student

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Cherea, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

could this be a setup?

2. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

I'd wait until you've actually left your job, then see where your both at. She could get you in trouble and ruin your professional reputation which could lead to future career issues. She is young, so am I, older men can seem appealing fantasy wise but a lot of the time it could lead to heart ache, especially as you don't know what she is after at this point. I dated my boss (he was also my tattooist, as thats where we worked), 19 years older than me, it turned out bad at the end with an unfinished tattoo to top it off. Its only now that I've finally got my head around what happened but I was left extremely hurt and won't be doing anything similar again.

My relationship also started off as light flirting, then progressed to a kind of casual sex thing, then progressed to a serious thing until it ended.

Some younger girls are mature for their age but you have to put her mentality and emotional stability into consideration.

3. lily flower

lily flower Guest

are you a college professor? if so it does not seem as bad, but still... I am a young college graduate and I went to school for teaching, we had entire classes about hooking up with students and the negative effects... I mean if anything did happen you could be fired and on the news... once you get on the news for dating students your reputation would be very hard to build up... once you get a bad reputation like that who is going to hire you anywhere for anything? if she is that much younger than you she is going to be able to be the one that just didn't know any better.... you on the other hand would be the one that knew better and took advantage of a young woman. it sounds to me like you two might be playing out a fantasy that is better left as just a fantasy.... plus you have to think about what happens when the acting out of the fantasy is no longer giving you guys a rush... would you still be into each other then or you just into each other now because of the fantastical elements? I would just be very careful... to me it sounds like a very sticky situation.

4. David54

David54 Member

I doubt that there will be any serious social repercussions. That's not the way most schools work, unfortunately. It happens all the time, and rarely ends up on the news or even in any record of any kind. You're being somewhat naive, Lily Flower.

Ethically speaking, there is a power imbalance involved that disrupts her ability to consent. If you want to do the right thing, tell her to wait until she's not in your class anymore. At that point there's nothing really wrong with it.

5. largeamount

largeamount Senior Member

Hi david, wtf are you talking about? just wondering

6. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Anyway, this thread is officially moot. I've already moved in for the kill...so far, so good.

7. propellerhead

propellerhead Guest

If she has no professional leverage against you, explain the nature of the relationship to her as you see it and bang away. She's an adult. If she turns out to be "bunny boiler", you can always get a restraining order.

8. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

lol, nice reference.

9. FlowerMama

FlowerMama Member

I'd put money on it not ending well. (nothing personal dude, I just know what girls are like at that age)
    Still, there's a percentage it works out well - best of luck.

~ FlowerMama

((as an aside, I can't imagine this is going over well with your friends; whenever I see an older guy dating a teen, my first thought is: "there's obviously something wrong with him, or he'd have a girl his own age, but she's still too naive to see it..." *shrug*))

10. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Quite the contrary, I went to two female friends of mine for advice prior to making a decision and they thought I should go ahead. None of my friends (all of them know by now) expressed any blanket negativism.

But I choose my friends well. ;)

11. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

My opinion? Well, what does the school policy say? That should be the deciding factor.

Or he could tell them don't knock it until you try it. :2thumbsup:

12. abigail92

abigail92 Guest

Do it only after you quit your job!

13. odonII

odonII O

Well, it seems he is doing it after speaking to his friends. I'm not sure why he was asking us. Bragging?

14. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

This is such a bad idea, that I can't help but laugh as I imagine all the soap opera scenarios that might emerge from it.

No offence, OP.

15. Logan 5

He can't. Once he quits she'll lose interest. Women have this thing for men in positions of authority.

Gets ya to think. If we're not his friends then who the hell are we and why the hell is he telling us?

I betha that student is real, and I also betcha she's so fugly that he won't DARE tell his friends about her. You know- the REAL "coyote ugly"- Someone so ugly that you debate chewing your arm off instead of waking them up.... :love:

16. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

bingo. she thinks 'im such a rockstar for having a guy twice my age' he thinks 'im such a rockstar for having a chick half my age' meanwhile you have to wonder who's mental age in the relationship is out of whack?

but sounds like cherea is not interested in 'dating' just in sex with her.

17. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

...too risky.
    I personally don't see anything wrong with dating someone younger if you're both legal, but a fling probably isn't worth losing your job over.

18. Logan 5

And just think...what if he bangs her and finds out that not only is she NOT "old enough", but he got her preggy....

Cherea, you can have her. I got dibs on the girl's momma! :sifone: