Dating a much younger student

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Cherea, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I'm a teacher, and a student of mine came on to me recently. She took the initiative almost all the way through. She asked me for my number, called me, and kissed me.

I just sort of flirted along and asked her if she wanted to come out for a drink after class (along with other people).

Anyway, she's 16 years my junior. Ummmm....Ok, so I guess I just want to know how much disaster does the whole thing spell, or if I'm just paranoid. I've always been super-ultra stand offish to my students. And I'm always careful in the extreme about messy boundaries.

I don't know exactly what led me off the straight and narrow this time. I guess, I'm quitting my job soon (number one). Number two must be about me and the girl. I just don't know what yet.

What are the possible scenarios in your opinion?

2. i_was_in_shroom_land

i_was_in_shroom_land Shroomier than you!

depends.. how old are you.. and are you a chick or a dude.. lol

3. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I'm a dude. I'll leave it at the age spread. 16 years apart. We're both legal. She's young, though. lol!

Edit: it ain't the first time I'm bagging a girl this young, but it's the first time I'm bagging a girl this young who's also my student.

4. i_was_in_shroom_land

ohh. cause i associate your username with the name cherese.. or chelsea.. for some reason.. anyway thats besides the point. lol

i actually have the hots for one of my professors.. like.. he is so hot.. that i get nervous talking to him.. lol but i dont know how i'd feel if we actually hooked up.. it'd be a little weird... but at the same time i'd be like hell yeah!! but more so on the weirded out part..

in my opinion.. keep it professional.. leave it to be her little fantasy.. theres plenty of other girls out there.. not her! dont mess things up with your reputation..

5. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Thanks for your input. But keep in mind, we've already kissed.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

What do you teach?

7. i_was_in_shroom_land

ahh.... well... yolo? lol

8. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Had to google yolo. That's how old I am.

9. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Just make sure shes not plotting against you cuz ur giving her a bad grade or something and she turns you into the dean :eek:

10. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

That's definitely one scenario that went through my head.

11. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Wouldn't you be wanting intellectually?

12. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

That just means that I would crush her heart to pieces after fucking her. That coupled with rollins' scenario, has definitely crossed my mind.

But, maybe I'm giving myself too much credit, and she'll just kiss me and leave me wanting more. Then I have to bite my tongue and be a perfect gentleman and pretend nothing's happened in the classroom.

13. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

I don't know about the law where you are but I think over here you can lose your job over that relationship. I know you want to leave soon anyway, but there's a difference between leaving with a great reputation and being fired.

Otherwise I see nothing wrong with it and if that doesn't bother you, do what you want!

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I wouldn't date a teacher. They are all grumpy bums.

15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Sounds Like A Recipie For Disaster...:(

Cheers Glen.

16. ariekanibalie

ariekanibalie Member

From what I understand this kind of thing can get you fired as well as blacklisted nationwide. This happens to one of the characters in Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections after all, doesn't it? I understand the sexual torture it is to be surrounded by elastic bodied young chicks every day. But if you're not wanting to put your job and career in jeopardy, you'll need to make a choice here.

17. odonII

odonII O

*chuckle*

I think the student will be no younger than 18 and no older than 21 - which is a peculiar time in a persons life.
    Are you moving away?
    I suppose you could have a fling and then leave.
    That'll be really romantic!
    In all seriousness - I'd say: Don't bother.

Edit: I'm not sure, but I think if the student is over 18 (probably 21 in the US) it isn't a disciplinary offence.
    A brief news search suggests it depends which state in the US you are in, and the circumstances of the relationship.
    But I do not think you are in the US - so I don't honestly know.
    If she is under 18 (over 16) - SERIOUSLY do not bother :p

18. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think some states prohibit teacher-student relationships even between legal adults. I could be wrong but I think there was a case like this somewhere in the news in recent years.

19. odonII

odonII O

20. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

the biggest danger is that her dad has biker connections and sics them on you for tampering with his kid

do not under estimate the anger her family may feel if they find out