Date Palms

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by hippietoad, Jun 3, 2004.

1. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Yaaaaaaaaaay,
    One of the date palm seeds has sprung. Anyone else out there ever tried their hand at growing date or any other type palm ?

2. teepi

teepi living my dream

OH HT,

Wish i could have the same zone...
    I moved up here to OHIO from outside of Ahoskie NC and I'm still getting ued to the change.
    Had some nights just about 4 weeks ago in the 30's......I was grabbing every thing I could to make covers with for all my babies out there.

In Ahoskie I had Passion flower vines growing wild around my place.
    Here...poison ivy seems to be THE vine.

Its all over me,no matter how careful I am all I have to do is look at it and I break out.
    Haven't gotten the nerve yet to start eating it bit by bit...heard this helps build up an ammunity.

Have you tried banana's??
    teepi

3. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Hey Teeeepiiiiiiii :D

Yeah, we have 5 goldenfinger bananas and 2 that I don't have a clue what kind they are. Also have several blue passions. They were all started off a plant we got a couple years back. Thing is we just can't get them to fruit. One of our friends bought one and his has fruit like crazy. Ahoskie !! That's not to far from us. Lots closer than Ohio anyways. So what made you move wayyyyyyy up north ?

4. teepi

teepi living my dream

Love Baby Love

Found Larry again..lost him when i was 14 and when I finally got the call....I dropped EVERYTHING!!!

came up here and married his ass...not gettin' away from me again...lol

5. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

hey your page is up teepi !!