Darvocet vs. Codeine

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Geneity, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

So earlier today, I spilt boiling water onto my wrist. The pain was excruciating, so I took 3 Aspirin, and a Darvocet my mom had lying around (100mg Propoxyphene, 650mg Acedominaphan).

Now, like 2 and a half hours later, this is like the most incredible feeling I've ever felt aside from acid. I was under the impression that Propxyphene was a weak painkiller. It's said to have the same strength as coedine. About a month ago I popped 4 of these pills in an attempt to get a high. I didn't feel much but relaxation and a mild happiness (not euphoria). I was extremely disapppointed.

Today, simply seeking relief from the pain of my scalded skin, I popped 1 with the 3 Aspirin and I've never felt so incredible. It's the kind of euphoria where I almost need to roll around on the floor in ecstacy. I noticed it felt good for awhile, but in the past 30 minutes it's gotten literally fucking rediculous. I just need to scream with joy.

Was it the Aspirin I mixed with it that made it this way? Maybe it was the APAP/Aspirin/Propoxphene combo? I can see why painkiller could get addicting, and if Darvocet is doing this, I dare not imagine what Hydrocodone and Oxycodone could do :leaving:

2. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Darvocet is definatly not known for euphoria, it was designed to get rid of that "annoying" side effect. I can't find any explanation for this whatsoever. Even when considering the aspirin it makes no sense since Darvon compound 65 contains asprin rather than APAP. I wouldn't reccommend trying to do this again untill you find an explanation since you have no idea what mechanism is causing the euphoria. Who knows what it could be doing to your body.

This is purley speculation but perhaps the asprin thinned your blood to a rediculous extent somehow causing the euphoric feeling? I have no scientific basis for this so if anyone knows of any circumstances where this is possible i'd be interested to know.

Edit: Did some research, Darvocet can have some euphoric side effects due to its close relation to methadone. Did you by any chance take any of the following:
    •Antiseizure medications such as Tegretol
    •Antidepressant drugs such as Elavil
    •Antihistamines such as Benadryl
    •Muscle relaxants such as Flexeril
    •Narcotic pain relievers such as Demerol
    •Sleep aids such as Halcion
    •Tranquilizers such as Xanax and Valium
    •Warfarin -like drugs such as Coumadin

If so, that would explain it . . .

3. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Oddly enough I've taken none of those. Or anything drug-related in quite awhile. Not even pot.

Was the euphoria I was feeling opiate-based, or because of the relation to methadone? It's pretty odd I felt so good. It was mind euphoria for awhile, then (which is why I posted) it was crazy ass euphoria. =P.

I still find it odd how 4 of them couldn't even produce half of what I felt today.

4. wiuf

wiuf Member

I don't know. darvocet can have a mild buzz, but of all the narcotics I've taken it's my least favorite; codeine is also mild, but at least it can get you high. and at 100 mg's it's really unlikely, and I doubt the aspirin did much of anything... oh well, lucky you. :)

5. wiuf

wiuf Member

yeah. I aquired a vial of them and ate the whole thing over the course of a week. it was strange because the first time I took them I swallowed two and got a mild buzz (not unlike a 'lighter' version of eating 10 mg's of hyrdocodone). then a couple days later I ate four and didn't feel much of anything. then the next day I tried again with the same dose and felt just a bit better than I did the first time, but hardly. very inconsistant.

6. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Maybe god came to you.
    Hare Krsna!

7. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

maybe you were just happy not to be in pain anymore...

8. teresa54

teresa54 Guest

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Codeine) allcheappills.org I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

9. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

AFAIK darvocet is one of the shittyiest recreational opiates