Dark Side of the Rainbow

Discussion in 'Music' started by whatigot4208, May 31, 2004.

1. whatigot4208

whatigot4208 Member

awhile ago i heard a rumor that you can sync the wizard of oz with the dark side of the moon (pink floyd). so yesterday i tried it and it was probably the coolest thing i've ever seen! there are at least a hundred coincidences thast i saw, and the tempo and mood of the music changed with the movie. to try this yourself, you should have the movie the wizard of oz, and the cd (not the album, too hard to flip in time) dark side of the moon. Turn on your cd player but pause on the first track, play the movie, and on the third lion roar (at the mgm logo) unpause the cd, and thats all you need to do. some people say that you cant repeat the cd, but i set my player on loop and it worked with the movie until the end :eek:

2. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

listen to what comes on when the lady takes toto.........FREAKY

3. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i have the video tape of wizard of oz synced to dark side of the moon,
    it is true and freaky.

4. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

Yeah, I have the sync of dvd. It is truly amazing.

5. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

I tried that a long time ago. Freaky shit.

When the scarecrow starts dancing in the field you hear "The lunatic is on the grass".

When dorothy falls in the pig pen the music suddenly turns grim.

When we see her uncles working on the farm we hear "And when the clown's work is done,"

Once "Money" starts that's when the movie turns color and pans along Oz.

And the munchkins march to the saxophone solo to "Money"

When dorothy is being swept in the hurricane along the house we can hear the woman singing soul in "Darkside of the moon". It's spine-tingling.

It's not a myth, it's real. I loved it.

6. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

well put my man

7. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

I love doing the dark side of the rainbow! It's the best legal trip ever!

here's a site that tells all about it: http://www.synchronicityarkive.com/dsotr.php

it's weird how the whole tornado scene lasts the exact length of "The Great Gig in the Sky" and if u set it up perfectly, the munchkins dance in time to Money!

8. Lady_Pink_Floyd

Lady_Pink_Floyd Member

DO THE DARK SIDE SYNCRO WHEN YOU'RE STONED AND ITS 100 TIMES BETTER

~*~Lady Pink Floyd~*~

9. Tykn130

Tykn130 Member

YAh its tripping i did that once at my friend house but it got boring and we later watch The Wall from Pink floyd

10. Acorn

Acorn Member

i went to a pink floyd light show and they did part of that. it was so cool! normaly the movie is scary, but with the music its so much better.

weird

11. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

It's really amazing how it syncs, isn't it? My fav was the scarecrow and the lunatic on the grass part.

12. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

man, I was in my mom's basement doing huge bong rips, and we played dark side of the moon with the wizard of oz while smoking banana peels and eating pork rinds and it was totally killer man.

13. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

whatttttttttttt?????????!!!!

the wizard of oz is scary??????? scary compared to what?????Babe (the pig)????? holy crap, my 3 year old neice can watch WoO without crying.

14. whatigot4208

whatigot4208 Member

those are some of my favorite coincidences, but in my opinion the coolest one is when dorthy wakes up on the field and they start skipping away and you here "far away across the field...softly spoken magic spells" which sounds like softly broken magic spells.