Danish Muhammed Cartoons

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Cate8, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

DAMN! There was just a heated debate in my law and ethics class about this subject. I am Danish so it was personal to me at the time when these cartoons were aggressively protested. I am also a human so it was personal to me when free speech was being threatened violently internationally.

What do yall think?!

To me, religion is a purely personal experience. Everyone has feeling about religion wheter you follow a faith or not. Everyone should be able to express themselves about their feelings through any way. The cartoons were not found defamatory in any court. Also, if the cartoons shed a negative light inany way (such as Muhammed with a turban that was a bomb) through someone's eyes, the chaos that ensued totally validated how these cartoonists felt!! Anyways. Opinions?

2. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

that was so last year man !

3. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

LOL ya. But. I dont know, we talked about it in class....

4. Maryslittlebrat

Maryslittlebrat Member

Psycho's taking religion and themselves to seriously as with nuts in all religions.
    They looked ridulous like a freak does throwing blood on a preg woman at an abortion clinic. Humans, you know lol

peace man

5. zonkd

zonkd Member

what was written in the cartoon?

6. wackyiraqi

wackyiraqi Senior Member

Figurative art is widely rejected in Islam and depictions of Muhammad are considered especially offensive. What is more important in the Danish cartoon event is the reaction of some of those in the Arab world. There is no doubt that the cartoons were insensitive to the Islamic faith, but the calling for violence and the harm inflicted on other human beings speaks volumes about the extremist beliefs of some members of the Islam faith. Ask yourself, would a cartoon of a figure in your religion ever incite you to throw a tire around another human being, pour gasoline on them, and light them on fire?

Here are the cartoons that caused the controversy.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/animalmagazine/sets/72057594059300225/