damn stupid scanner

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by nightmarehippygirl, May 20, 2004.

1. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

we recently scraped up the money to buy a new pc, which was nice, because our other one was old....like a flintstone computer. so today i try to hook up the scanner to upload some pictures, and guess what? the damn scanner is not compatible with the new pc. too old i guess. argh!
    i hate mechanical stuff.
    oh yeah, and i hate windows xp...that's what the new pc runs on, and i can already tell it sucks.

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

I know, DOS is so much more efficient, and easy to manage as well. Have you considered Windows 3.1? I hear it's all the rave these days.

But seriously, maybe a Mac is more for you. Or Linux if you like to memorize lines of code instead of clicking icons.

3. nightmarehippygirl

i'm pretty much computer retarded, if the truth be known. our old puter ran on win 98, and it had the usual amount of headaches, but i was used to it at least. i really don't have any experience with any other programs.

maybe a mac would be better, but i don't know. i've never used one, and would be scared to buy one, since i don't know anything about them. maybe i'll look into it the next time we upgrade (like 100 years from now...)

i just hate that i'm going to have to buy a new scanner now. i wanted to scan some pics today to play around with some of the new software, and maybe upload some online.

God knows when i'll be able to come up with a hundred bucks for something as non essential as a scanner. (my mommy bought me the last one when i graduated from high school.)

4. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Maybe go for one of those printer/scanner/fax/copier/brick oven/oral sex machine things, more bang for your buck ya know?

5. nightmarehippygirl

printer/scanner/fax/copier/brick oven/oral sex machine things

rofl, that cracked me up. wonder what one of those would cost?

6. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

(1) You might be able to download a driver to get your scanner to work.
    (2) Do you still have your old PC? If so you could scan on it , bung the image on a floppy and load the image into your new PC.This what I do if I want to print out on my Mac 720 (it has a really good laser printer for not very much money) You could also think about getting a cable to connect the two together, to get them to talk.There are ways to speed up old PC's.

7. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm leaning towards the driver being your issue...

If the scanner company is still in existance go to their website and get the driver..assuming you dont have the disks/cds that cam ewith the scanner in the first place.

8. nightmarehippygirl

i still have the disks, but it says the pc has "compatibility issues" with the scanner. i'll look for a website, though. maybe they'll have a driver (whatever the hell that is, lol).

thanks for the suggestions, you helpful people.

when i was little, my mom would get pissed off at things, and throw them out in the yard. like one year the christmas tree wouldn't stand up straight, so she flipped out and threw it outside. i was ready to throw the scanner out the window :)

9. Maverick

Maverick Banned