Damn recycling company...

Discussion in 'Recycling' started by FaeryMoon, May 5, 2005.

1. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes, so do you. Whether it is directly to the company or through taxes, municipal utility fees or whatever it is called, everyone pays.

TANSTAAFL

2. jim_w

jim_w Member

Yeah, of course. But in order for her to pay more to have recycling collected, she must pay directly to the rubbish men. That I find odd... But I'm sure you'd find our ways odd!

(To the original poster:) so, do you have a choice of firms as well as a choice of services? Like, if you have the choice to pay more for recycling pick-up, then can you pay a different firm to do it? Maybe you should start a company to do *real* recycling in your area... ;-P

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

It is common in rural areas and very common in Colorado. Other places I 've lived have had municipal collections.
    My landlord pays a company. I believe the choice is of six companies and we are always getting offers.

4. jim_w

jim_w Member

Wow. That's amazing. I guess I shouldn't be so shocked, but I'd never even considered that rubbish collection would be a commodity like that... Over here our local council chooses a contractor, but as far as the individual is concerned, the rubbish just vanishes every thursday!

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

lots of towns do, but after a few monetary crashes, the Colo gov't and others, decided to let individuals pay.
    Some cities contract with the big haulers like Waste Management/BFI.
    This is the first region I've lived in that was this way. InOklahoma, I paid trash to the city along with water-sewer.
    You're British, JimW?

6. barefoot beautiful

barefoot beautiful Member

Reading the posts on this thread worries me...wonder if they just take the recycled stuff in my area to the landfill. I may have to look into this, though I really don't have any idea where to start. Any suggestions?

7. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Sounds like my dad.

8. maggisandiego

maggisandiego Guest

Hi, I am working in a garment factory which produces tons of ragged garments everyday and I want to know if hiring recycling company for picking up ragged garment would be a good option. I found couple of recycling company but need to know what you guys think about it.

industrial recycling company grand rapids