Damien Rice

Discussion in 'Music' started by Spacer, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Any Damien Rice fans here?

2. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

yep, i could concider myself a fan. :D

3. FoolishDreamer

FoolishDreamer Member

~points to sig~

LOVE his music.

4. Spacer

Can't believe more people don't like him, everyone hear harps on about Bob Dylan and all the oldies and there's a young singer/songwriter out there making great music but they are all to busy caught up in their time warp to notice.

5. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

no offence but i cant stand the guy....my frendz like him, i dnt....actually i strongly dislike him lol srry

6. Spacer

where did you learn to spell? or do you think you are writing a text message?

7. wrine420

wrine420 Member

Damien Rice is the man, especially on the song Cold Water. That one is my favorite for some reason. Ireland has some of the best song writers in my opinion. Van Morrison, David Gray, and Damien Rice are some of my favorites.

8. FoolishDreamer

FoolishDreamer Member

Cheers Darlin is my favorite, along with I Remember... and Cannonball...and Volcano...Heck, the entire cd is genius, I could never even think of skipping any of the songs.

9. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

my all time favorite damien songs are "delicate", and "the blowers daughter", they are really beautiful songs.

Has anyone seen him live? he gives an incredable show.

10. LooLoo

LooLoo Member

I've been a huge fan from the first time I heard him... 'Delicate' is amazing... Even his collection of B-sides he put out a while ago was pretty good.

11. Spacer

The b-sides is great, I love Women Like a Man and The Professor.

I think David Gray is English.

12. FoolishDreamer

FoolishDreamer Member

I think I'd KILL to see Damien Rice live. ~curses luck of living in the middle of nowhere~

13. Spacer

He plays in Dublin quite a bit but always sells out shit fast, I was lucky enough to see him once, he just did an acoustic set on his own, it was fantastic.

Where you from?

14. FoolishDreamer

FoolishDreamer Member

The middle of no where in North Dakota, USA. My town has about 16,000 people total. The closest place that has any real music is minneapolis, which is about 500 miles away...so yeah.

15. oleandermoonfyre

oleandermoonfyre Member

I saw him on my anniversary with my husband. Eskimo is my favorite. Snatched up two of his tote bags they were selling and made cool purses out of them. Also got the dvd, which was disappointing. My husband is in love with Lisa (LOL), but she couldn't sing the night we saw them because she was sick. Our friends used cannonball as their first dance song at their wedding.

16. wrine420

wrine420 Member

Wow, I looked that up and you are right. I am fucking amazed. My entire world is shattered now. Ohhh well Ireland is still the shit and so is Damien. Do you happen to have any suggestions as to any other artists of his kind?

We Americans get shitty music.

17. Spacer

Another good Irish singer songwriter is Paddy Casey, also check out Mundy aswell, particularly one song called 'July'. Check out Christy Moore aswell, he's a living legend in Ireland.

18. Spacer

The town I live in only has a population of about 10,000 but Ireland being small it's only about 1 hour on the bus to Dublin and there's always loads of gigs on in Dublin.

19. surfingdreamer

surfingdreamer Member

*raises hand*

another damien rice fan here! :)

apparently there's a new album on it's way in the not-so-distant future.

My faves from 'O' are cannonball, blowers daughter and cold water.

xox

20. supermommy

supermommy wannabe crackho

i super love damien...Volcano is one of my all time faves...i love a live version of 'then go' i have.. i love the blowers daughter...how could you not? ...only time i didnt like it was when Snow Patrol did it...it just sounded funky....Lisa has the voice of an angel..
    Paddy Casey is good too...i like Sweet Suburban Sky..I know a dude that went to school with him too...hee...
    I am really into Snow Patrol at the moment too...Gary can sing his arse off...