Dad getting on my nerves

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by chris_1661, May 31, 2006.

1. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

it is a form of autism
    just, a special kind

saying thank you for someone buying you something is a trainable, repeatable behaviour. doesn't require awareness of social nuances and subleties - person x buys food for you, you say thank you, they say you're welcome. Not difficult to remember.

2. Anastazija

Anastazija Member

I had some serious problem with my parents, I still sometimes want to run away from home... But... I can not change them. I can only try to be nice and live together as long as I have to. Time will pass very quickly and Ill go to live alone ina few years.

3. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

4. Anastazija

Anastazija Member

I will sugest - stop acting like 3 y/o.

5. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Take your own advice. You're being silly for being mean to people who give you advice when you ask for it...

GROW UP!

6. Gypsy_girl

Gypsy_girl Member

Hey if I was you, I'd be hapopy to be complimented and not worry about it. Honestly, you need to get over it and move on.

7. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I can't believe YOU just said that.
    How about you go back and read the original post....then come back and have the audacity to tell ANYONE to stop being silly. :rolleyes:

8. Splosh

Splosh Member

tbh i can't believe people are being offended by the guy :/

It's clear that he has AS and with the description it explains that they do not understand how/why people get upset with what they say.

If it pisses you off reading his reply, take your own advise, calm the fuck down and then reply and explain to the guy that he has offended you and why he has.

gl, gg and hf

9. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Asperger's syndrome is not an excuse -- another person with AS who posted on here proved this point.

Hello, what do you think we have been doing?

It's not that he pisses us off. He's the one getting pissed off, for no apparent reason, and we're simply telling him to grow up and get over it, to deal with it. If *you* can't handle us doing this, maybe you should calm down yourself. :p

10. wizarddrew77

wizarddrew77 The Wiz

OMFG - Your only 17???
    I was working when I was 11 cutting lawns to make some cash for myself.
    At 17 I had my own business after school.
    I did not go to College since my family was very poor.
    By 18 I was working as a Telephone Tech and my friends who went to College laughed at me and told me I was a Blue Collar worker and would be poor like my father.
    When they got out of College I had four years into a Field that grew into what you are reading this post on....the Internet.
    When I was 5 years older then you I was an Engineer at IBM. With only a basic High School Education.
    What you have to do is get off your lazy and spoiled ass and stop being pissed off and angry at people who love you and take care of you.
    What are you bringing to the table of life little boy?
    As far as your disability I have Lupus and STILL provide for MYSELF-Three great kids going to college and manage to help anyone who needs it. I could care less about your AS. It's not an excuse nor is your age to be courteous to the people who are showing you love. Every person on (also what you posted about your Father) who has shown you love ....your response has been Anger. You will learn along the trail of life that the only thing you can control in life is your thoughts. The only two base thoughts in life are FEAR or LOVE. Your response to love seems to be FEAR.
    So what are you so afraid of?
    When you figure that out - then you will be SILLY LIKE ME!

11. Hikaru Zero

Drew you sound like that moron from the movie Donnie Darko, the one who was like "everything is either fear or love." You do realize that that's bull, right?

12. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

13. DancerAnnie

If that's how you feel about your parents, maybe you should just move out.

14. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

15. DancerAnnie

You can move out when you want to. When I was 17, I got kicked out of my house and lived out of my car. Get a job. You're old enough. If you're THAT unhappy, there are ways to get out of your situation...don't just shoot our advice down...think about it. If you don't want to be there, there are ways of NOT being there.

Think about it...and stop whining.

16. Hikaru Zero

Seconded.

I know someone (a girl nonetheless) who was literally kicked out of her house when she was 8. She got a job. And survived just fine. When she was EIGHT. She was diagnosed with breast cancer which spread to her lungs at 15 years old, and was a cocaine addict since she was 13. Today, she's overcome her cancer (and her addiction, though she still blows from time to time and smokes weed like a chimney, but I know her and I wouldn't call it an addiction) and is doing just fine for herself.

It can be done, you just don't want to admit it.

YES, it is difficult to do. And certainly at this point, what you mean to say is, "my parents don't frustrate me enough to the point where I actually would rather take the hardship and leave than stay with them," which is both understandable and respectable.

But it's not respectable, at all, when you gripe about them complimenting you on an online forum.

17. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

18. Hikaru Zero

Right, and I agree. But I didn't tell you this story for her sake, this is for your sake. Granted that you may not find your parents to be that inconveniencing to leave their home, but it can be done, and for you to call it "ridiculous" or "impossible," neither of those are true. People leave their home at 17 all the time. In fact, that used to be the standard, leaving your home once you graduated high school.

19. DancerAnnie

Well, would you rather have parents like that or parents like yours?

I reckon, you ought to feel awefully lucky to have the parents that you have.

20. Hikaru Zero

He's not. He's in college. (This was posted on another thread, so don't worry I'm not getting on your case for not knowing this.)