Dad getting on my nerves

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by chris_1661, May 31, 2006.

1. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

2. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

You take to much to heart what people say about you and you let it become true. You think you sound "gay" and people say you are. What you think of your self is how people are going to precive you. I mean if you think your "gay" than your always going to be "gay" in your mind. And well then you'll have such a lack of self esteem that pepole are just going to walk all over you. With the bullshit you talk in your threads its ridiculous. My gosh. Your letting your self be shit on because you want to be shit on. Because you think to low of your self.

If you where okay with who you are things would be very different. But its your choice in how you live your life and if your always thinking down your always gunna be down. So good luck with life. And be polite to your father ....if you know your gunna regret that change it.

3. dietcoketree

dietcoketree Member

its teenagers like you (rude and unthankful) that give kids like me (polite and respectful) a bad name. i dont think i could feel alright about myself if i didnt thank people for waht they did for me.

geez.

4. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

5. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Your parents should be the FIRST ones you thank. Without them, you'd be homeless....probably (unless you're on scholarship) not be in college, have no food or clothing. Don't worry, though....they're JUST parents.
    It's not just your teenage attitude....I know plenty of 'badass' teens who are VERY respectful to others....including their parents. You're just rude.
    Right....because freaking out on your dad for asking 'How's the food' and not thanking your mother is manners....
    If you don't want to be treated like a child....don't act like one. ;)
    You're in college....grow up already.

6. Brand New Soul

Then stop acting like one to your parents.

7. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Yes, but you're stupid enough to snap at the hand that feeds you?

There is nothing weak about being grateful or thankful for what you have. It's a fool who cannot discern assholes from kind souls and treat them all the same.

Even most animals know better.

I think you do too. You're just utterly obsessed about what others think of you. It's pretty creepy.

8. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

exactly

9. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Wow dude.

Chill the fuck out, seriously.

First off, praise is NOT patronizing. It's patronizing when your dad says "jeez do I have to hold your hand for everything?" But it's your own fault if you can't take a freakin' compliment.

Believe me I understand if your dad gets on your nerves or if you don't get along with your parents, but you know what, my dad was a child abuser and the only reason I even have a relationship with either of my parents anymore is because they are co-signing my loans for college and I can't go to a good school otherwise.

You should consider yourself goddamn lucky for having parents that praise you for saying thanks, even if they did put you up to it. If you piss and moan when they compliment you, it's no wonder they wanted to hear thanks -- it sounds like they never hear it from you otherwise!

Here's some advice: Grow the fuck up. You aren't the centre of the world, no matter how big you think your dick is -- because it's not. You don't have to act the badass. Yes you do have to be cautious but when is not thanking your mom for doing you a favour being "cautious?"

Think about this for a second. You said:

"... I might have had a bad attitude and be rude or offhand to my dad or whatever, but that's just my way."

Well maybe your parents way is to think highly of you and praise you when you actually do something nice for a change!

Learn some respect and be glad that that's all you have to deal with.

Awww, aren't you sweet? Your mom is female too.

And who cares if someone has a vagina or not. If you're such a gentlemen why don't you stop griping when someone compliments you?

Gotta point it out again ... asking someone to say thanks is not patronizing you!

And let's pretend for a second that it was. Your parents, out of ANYONE, have more of a right to patronize you than anyone else. If you can't deal with your parents ways then leave your house, don't bitch on some Internet forums about how bad you have it when they ask you to say thanks.

Yes, maybe it's unnecessary. Yes, maybe you don't care. And you know what, I'm all in favour of you telling either of these to your parents! But c'mon, you're just holding a grudge against your dad for no reason!

It sounds like they think he's gay because he's acting like such a self-admitted badass all the time. :rolleyes:

Just joking, of course, all in good fun. :)

"Always" thanked people whenever they have done things? For a second there it sounded like you forgot to thank one of the most prominent persons in your life!

So a Big Mac (or whatever you ordered) isn't a present?

10. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I swear every time I read one of your posts, HZ, you become even more attractive

ditto to everything that guy said
    (anyone else feeling like this may be a big ol joke on us folks who attempt to be helpful?)

11. Hikaru Zero

Aww shucks. :& I'd say the same about you but I'm not sure the big guy in the clouds would let you get any more attractive. He might not have a monopoly on heaven anymore. :H

12. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

to the O.P.- Reality is you come off as a whiny, ungrateful, little bitch. Quit it.

13. spooner

spooner is done.

You guys are all fucking pricks.

The OP has Asperger's Syndrome.

"A person with Asperger syndrome may have trouble understanding the emotions of other people, and the subtle messages that are sent by facial expression, eye contact and body language are often missed. They also have trouble showing empathy with other people. Because of this, a person with Asperger syndrome might be seen as egotistical, selfish or uncaring. In most cases these are unfair labels, because the affected person is neurologically unable to understand other people's emotional states. They are usually shocked, upset and remorseful when told their actions were hurtful or inappropriate. It is clear that people with Asperger's Syndrome do not lack emotions. However, the concrete nature of attachments they might have (i.e. to objects rather than to people) often seems curious, or even can be cause of concern, to people who do not share their perspective ("Neurotypicals" or NTs)."

14. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

That may be so, Spooner, but I think we're all getting really sick of being asked for advice and then attacked for giving it.

15. Hikaru Zero

Who's the prick? The people who let someone know when he's out of line, or the person who is out of line in the first place?

Besides, if the OT has Asperger's, why did he bother coming here to complain? If he doesn't understand others' emotions, why doesn't he ask his mom or dad why they feel the way they do, instead of cursing behind their back on an Internet forum.

As you pointed, out, "... the concrete nature of attachments they might have ... often seems curious, or even can be cause of concern ..."

Aspergers or not, when you are complaining about having to give a simple compliment, it's time to get help -- medical, psychological, self-realized, whatever works.

16. Monk's_girl

Monk's_girl Member

I have Aspergers too, i have learned to live with it. It wasn't easy though, and things people say and do can be very confusing and frustrating. That said, not saying thank you for a gift (no matter what the gift actually consists of) is plain rude and bratty. So is complaining about your parents on the net. They gave birth to you (or one of them did, the other had a hand in it too..:) ) without them you wouldn't be here at all.

17. Brand New Soul

I just have one question thats not ment to be rude, or offencive. Does Chris actually have this and we know this for a fact? Or was this assumed in another thread ( I do not remember the name)?

18. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

19. Brand New Soul

Okay sorry I didn;t mean to upset you with that question, I just wasn't sure. And your right it shouldn't be used against you. But Chris don't get mad at people for their advice, we or most of us are just trying to help you.

20. wizarddrew77

wizarddrew77 The Wiz

I think you have some anger towards your Dad and I agree you are an adult-Go get your OWN place to live and make your own meals. Then you can thank yourself and be polite when no ones looking....Next Thread.