Dad getting on my nerves

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by chris_1661, May 31, 2006.

1. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

2. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Um, quite frankly, you sound like you take things way too seriously. Saying thank you for having someone pick up your dinner isn't too much to ask someone to do.

I say thank you a lot...that makes me a polite person, not anything else.

3. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

you seem like the annoying git sometimes

seriously, getting upset because someone complimented you on having good manners for one damn moment in your life? Get over it

4. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Parents do that. It's their way of saying to you AND themselves they might have done something right in raising you.

Don't forget these were the people CHANGING YOUR DIAPERS. Grow up and act like an adult, be gracious.

If you made being polite a HABIT, perhaps people wouldn't be making such a big deal out of it.

5. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

6. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

If you can't be nice, you won't ever have friends. Sorry, that's the reality. You're not willing to change and there's nothing any of us here can say to you that will help because you are not willing to take advice.

7. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

No offence...but you'll probley take it offencivley anyways. But you sound like you do need parenting. I know I know Im 15 and what the hell am I doing telling you what to do. Well first off I respect my parents and I would have said thank you to my mom no question asked. Maybe your dad seems like an annoying git because you don't even have the respect for your parents to say THANK YOU! Man ... If thats what your dad said to you "hows dinner?" and you replayed with a "why?" thats pretty immutare! I mean a simple question with a simple answer... Good or Gross Or alright. I mean man when your fathers dead and gone your going to regret how you treated him! Good luck with those manners

8. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

Ah.... you speak true words Kinky Ramona

9. DancerAnnie

Well, your parents were the ones changing your diapers as a baby, I'm sure :rolleyes:

Well, there's a difference between being nasty and being cautious. Being nasty gets you absolutely nowhere in life. People begin to hate you and don't want to be around you...and forget getting a girlfriend if you have a "nasty" side. Caution is something you want to have, of course, in life because it keeps you from getting hurt sometimes and being perpetually used.

10. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

this is getting to be such a joke

11. DancerAnnie

I know...I don't think someone can possibly be this dense and this irritable.

chris...you should eat some flax-seed...it will make you feel tons better.

12. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

13. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

14. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

Parents do things that annoy their children. Sorry, but it's life. I'm 30, and my parents STILL annoy me... AND try to parent me from time to time. They really can't help it, that's just what parents do. They've been doing it from the day you were born, and it's tough for them to all of a sudden cut the cord & quit completely.

To me it doesn't sound like your parents were trying to overly mother you... it sounds like your dad was trying to give you a gentle reminder & your mom was trying to "soothe your ruffled feathers" when you complied under pressure. It happened to me ALL the time when I was a teen. You know, dad gets bent out of shape over something you did/didn't do and when you do what he says just to get him off your back, your mom tries to make light of the situation?!?

I'd just let it go. Is one little thank-you really worth getting so upset over?
    love,
    mom

15. DancerAnnie

I'm a girl...and you're being nasty to me.

If a girl sees you are nasty/mean to others, she's not going to like you, sorry, it's the truth.

16. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

17. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

absolutely true

chris, it's the net. Don't write out what you think right away because you come off as full of rage, as unbelievably angry over a damn suggestion. Take some time to calm down before you type shit, because if you continue with this crap we're gonna end up just giving up

18. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Since when does being polite make you gay?

19. spooner

spooner is done.

It seriously sounds like everyone this kid knows is some fuckin' Chav.

20. DancerAnnie

No kidding. I must be a raging lesbian :)