Dad at 13..

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by ~InTheSky~, Feb 13, 2009.

1. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

WTF!? This is mad. There was a woman in the newsagent today holding the paper looking at this on the front page and saying to her husband/bf "sick... sick... SICK, what is this world coming to?!?! AGHH SICKK!! Come on we're leaving!!" and stormed out the shop. I kind of agree with her, but it was funny.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece

2. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Jeez, never ceases to amaze me how quickly most people can spawn, even the kids have got babies:rolleyes: It does look really wrong, hes a little boy. Weeird
    Just watched the video too...hes says "what does financially mean?" in a little squeaky voice...oh my lord!:rolleyes:

3. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

And :eek:
    Dennis, who has fathered nine kids, told how he was “gobsmacked” when he discovered Alfie was to be a dad, too.

4. Psiwave

Psiwave Member

It's not great, but not really surprising. With the way Britain is today, stuff like this happens more often than you'd think. But most wouldn't sell their story to a paper.

Besides, when you think about it, 200 years ago we all would have expected to be married by 13-14. Times haven't changed really, just the views we hold toward them.

5. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

hmm, yeah I guess. That happened a lot years and years ago. But you watch that video and you can see that they are too young to have that baby, there's no need for it in these days, they should be taught better.
    This is why sex education should be taught a lot earlier. He says there that he had sex not knowing the consequenses.

6. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

argh, when will people learn that teens (yes, even 13 or 12 year olds) are going to have sex! its just going to happen! so the real thing we need to address is...

BETTER SEX EDUCATION!

because they are going to do it, they need to know how to without ruining their lives and the life of the unborn child.

throw off the bloody religious views that oppress us! we need logic!

xxx

7. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

I got clear sex ed in school. Kind of knew it all before as my mum had told me though...never actually sat me down for a formal chat, but she never hid anything so I just knew. I think they do sex ed from about 10 onwards now. I remember I was still in primary school for my first class. And my schools were far from great

8. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

Some schools get it really young, but I know I didn't and I know of a lot of other people who didn't. I think we had about 2 hours of lesson time on it when we were all about 14 or 15 and half of us had already done it and most of us had already learnt through friends/books/parents/internet etc.

I would have thought the 15 year old mother of this baby would have had a better head on her and thought "oh.. maybe I shouldn't sleep with this 12 year old..".
    That's like me sleeping with one of my little brothers friends 5 years ago, the thought would have made me feel ill.

9. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

my dad was fighting in world war two at 14 he spent his 16th birthday in new york after most of the convoy he was on were sunk ,
    my grandfather crossed north america in the late wild west period then built a trading post on the amazon at a simular age .
    my other grandfather was working down a coal mine .... I was working in a fairground fulltime at 13 I started at 8 .
    you have a idea of this thing you call childhood I really dont understand

I posted that on facebook in reply to a simular thread and really the end bit isnt true well not totally I did have a childhood and I dont think Id want any of my children if I had any to do what I did in fact I wouldnt let them .

but children can do stuff like that when they have to , on another thread this women said something like would you let a 14 year old have a knife like their all naturally dangerous with knives .

I had a collection of axes at 10 I may have been quite a bit younger than that but by 9 or ten I was using big axes ,but we had wood heating and my father wasnt there so I used to chop firewood to help my mother .

so 12 or 13 year olds can easy work down coal mines or be major family bread winners or people like my dad can be involved in a war at 14 in some ways its a shame your education suffers and it can fuck up aspects of your life , but in someways it can make you a very responsible fellow and you grow up fast .

the problem with this child having a child is it doesnt take much of anything to have sex, my observation of many young men today is their a bit like larger versions of the 14 year old the women thought would be unsafe with a knife , their not all like that but a lot are and its a shame .

in a way I think it would be better to accept the idea of children down coal mines or in the navy ,than the idea that its natural for children to be having sex at that age .

what will happen to this young father he wont be allowed to work and keep the child for a few years most likely other people or the "state" will pay for this childs welfare

10. patfromlogan

patfromlogan Member

Actually in the Middle Ages people married late in life. Especially the poor, which were the great majority. When historians actually studied parish records and such, rather than make assumptions, they found out that most people in Europe married mid to late twenties.

11. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

THIS IS A DIGRASE./ ONLY IN BROWNS BRITAIN. AND WHOS GOING TOO SUPORT THISE LITLE SCROTES? THE GOOD OLD TAXPAYER THATS WHO DONT THEY NO HAVING SEX UNDER SIXTEN IS ILEGUL. SUM1 SHUD HANG.

Ahem.

Teenagers have sex, great, yeah, front page news. The only people who get outraged by this nonsense are the types to get outraged by sex education and free contraception. Twats.

That's pretty mad, I remember having to watch dodgy videos in year 5 aged 9/10 once a week for a year. Parents did have to sign a consent form or whatever but leaving till 14/15 is mental!

12. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Personally Im not outraged ...I just look at him and think whaa:confused: like that:p

13. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

Well whatever, it's tabloid sensationalism. No need to encourage them. Yeah, it's a bit mental but why the fuck should it concern any of us unless we're directly involved? (not that that's a great life philosophy but as far as private lives go it should be).. It's that 'oh my god' reaction that ensures we can't come around to a different way of thinking. And that's what the tabloids want, that's why they publish this garbage as front page news..

peace salaam shalom

:)

14. lithium

lithium frogboy

I think the good Reverend's right, the whole point of this story seems to be that the lad *looks* a lot younger than he is, it therefore makes a good "shock value" photo which sells papers and lets the narrow minded let off steam...

15. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Personally Im not so naive as to just go along with the sensationalism, and Im hardly narrow minded. I genuinely do think its quite an extreme case as the boy obviously doesnt have much of a clue at all and is not exactly father material. And he IS just a little boy. I think thats all most people are saying. There are always closed minded nutters that use it as a massive "not like it was back in my day!" or "Britain is now broken" fest, but its best to just ignore them. It doesnt change the fact that it is a pretty surprising story with him being the way he is

And its not concerning me, I just thought opinion sharing on the matter might be of value as Im sure others do

16. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

I didn't for one minute suggest you were naive, I don't know you :)

I've not read the articles or watched any videos about this as it doesn't interest me one iota but there's thousands of people out there who 'don't have much of a clue ' or are not perfect 'father material' - regardless of age. MORONS COME IN ALL SHAPES, SIZES, AGES, RACES, GUISES, STYLES etc... Yes, even people who wear hippy uniforms!

I don't find it suprising myself, it happens every day. It's because of the world views of the outraged 'majority' that things like this get blown up so much and because the parasites in the mainstream shitrags find an easy target to exploit. Why on earth should you, I or anyone else care. Why am I even writing this? :confused:

17. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Thank you, I know all that. I often tell people those things myself

I never said you said I was naive. I said that to show that probably most people that comment on this arent naive either. Well, not here, anyway

As you dont want to write about this Ill now shut up

18. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

my husband's great grandmother got married when she was thirteen, had a full load of kids during the great depression, living in a cabin in the high desert while her husband worked the gold mines. sacred teenaged sexuality is an invention of the twentieth century to combat overpopulation and competition with their parents who are still young enough to be sexually active.

still, it's creepy, however it came about. i looked way older than that when i was 14 and started having sex. i also didn't get pregnant.

19. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

I was reading that one of the kids (15 years old I think) who now claims to be the father got permission from the parents of the girl to sleep with her.

No amount of sex education is going to take the place of parents who can't give a fuck.

20. lithium

lithium frogboy

Oh noes! "At least two" other boys are claiming to have slept with the same girl and are therefore the father(s). Obviously the possibility of national humiliation was too much for them to pass up!

Surely this is a case for Jeremy Kyle!:willy_nilly: