Cutting down such a bad thing?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by lovejanisandgrace, Apr 21, 2007.

1. lovejanisandgrace

lovejanisandgrace Estimated Prophet

I've been seriously thinking about cutting down on smoking, for three reasons:

1. Sometimes I can't get out of bed I toked so much the previous night.
    2. Interfering with my school work.
    3. Severe disillusionment.

Not to mention probation. I feel like it's time for me to step back and take a break, and not feel so numb all the time.

This is going to be hard. I'm going to need lots of love and support to cut down on something i love, guys.

Thoughts?

2. A.B.E.

A.B.E. Member

Yes me too, I have been thinking about cutting down on toking for 40 years now. It happens naturally from time to time from lack of availability, but it is a difficult thing to not reach for something that brings you into the present moment, and makes you content to be there. Puff ! Puff !

The only downside I can see is the chronic cough of years of smoking, not too healthy a ritual, but I guess worth it to many who toke everyday, and wouldn't have it any other way. I do believe it encourages one to be "laid back". That characteristic has its pros and cons.

I can see how it could interfere with schoolwork, as that particular endeavor might change in its importance pre-toke and post-toke. I am continually amazed at my change of perspective with toking , but feel it enhances my life for the most part.

3. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

Of course it wouldn't be a bad thing.:) Smoking pot doesn't make you any healthier, obviously.

4. crazylegs

crazylegs Member

Sounds like you're ready for a change. Nothing wrong with that. Best of luck to you.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If those reasons would apply to me, which is kind of the case every now and then, I'd take a break at least. Or just smoke one day a week or something. You really feel more energetic and get a clearer mind after a while. :)

6. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Cutting down may be a good idea in some cases, but are the weed smoker's perspective and increased understanding of the world lost after years of being clean?

If so I'd rather die of lung cancer with the wisdom I'm gaining (at an accelerated rate) than live as a healthy, but relatively insensitive oaf. Weed is good for my soul and instrumental in my development as a world-conscious human being.

7. lovejanisandgrace

This is basically what I'm worried about. I don't want to lose my perspective.

8. L.A.Matthews

You need a drug to make you feel like a 'conscious human being'?

...That's just wrong.

You aren't going to be stupid if you stop smoking pot. If you can't have any perspective without weed, then there's something seriously wrong with you.:confused:

9. A.B.E.

A.B.E. Member

Once I went without smoking for a couple of months (ouch), and during that time, I decided to make appointments with many clinics and doctors, to get various examinations to check out many different aspects of health issues. I was preoccupied with health and was distressed and uptight. (and sick)

Then I had a toke, and I was aghast at what I had decided to do, and almost instantly all my plans and concerns dropped away. ( I felt better ). I no longer wanted to pursue this course and get tests or get involved with the medical profession.. It seemed intrusive, and unnecessary and I cancelled all the appointments, and I can remember thinking of some of the crazy attitudes that I adopt and decisions I make, when I don't have a toke for a while. I often step back from myself after smoking and get a new "Perspective" that just wasn't there without the addition of cannabis, and I trust the life choices I make when I can have a toke now and then.

Of course excessiveness (couldn't get up the next day) is never beneficial to anyone, and moderation seems to be the key to a balanced life in most things.

10. A.B.E.

A.B.E. Member

11. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

I said world conscious, not conscious, and no I don't NEED it but it's certainly accelerated my understanding of the universe around me. So why would I want to go back to the old way of learning when weed makes the process so much faster for me?

Where is your negativity towards pot use coming from? Do you know people around you who you think smoke too much? I'm just curious about it because you seemed to take offense, enough offense to respond with an insult (that I have something wrong with me).

I don't want to argue with you, just to better understand your viewpoint.

12. L.A.Matthews

No, it's the fact that you think an unnatural substance to your body makes you more world-conscious. It's the fact that you seem dependent on a mind-altering substance to make you feel like you know what you're talking about, and what this world consists of.

And no, I haven't had that many bad experiences with drugs. I just can't see how it makes people think they see more clearer, but it actually makes them more ignorant and less realistic.

By the way, I'm an avid pot-smoker myself.

13. thisguy1234

thisguy1234 Banned

cutting down is a terrible thing, smoke more herb.

14. crazylegs

crazylegs Member

Different people handle weed differently. What may be a good thing for someone else may not be for you. I found at a certain point that it was bringing me down physically and emotionally. I decided to take what I'd learned and apply it as best I could to a non-stoned conciousness. This has not worked out all that badly. Thinking you need pot to see things correctly can have its price. Life is difficult at times whether you use it or not and some things are easier to deal with when you're not dependent on it for whatever reason. It's nice to have that option anyway.

15. Isil

Isil Member

I agree with you, L.A.Matthews o_O

If a person needs a drug to permit themselves to gain a better understanding of the world, I think that sucks...it sucks bad o.o

We have brains for a reason, you know. If you want to learn about the world, use your brain and your own dang sentience >.< Not drugs.

Question: Why dont people just eat cannabis? o_O Id rather not have lung cancer...lol.

16. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

There's nothing wrong with it.
    What could be wrong with it.
    If you want to smoke, smoke, and if you don't, don't.

17. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

Its great ur taking responstibility, i myself could never give up smoking i dont think. it plays a big part of my life, giving me wacky ideas for art etc.

but good on you!
    best of luck. peace
    xxx

18. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Quitting smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I should know; Hell, I've done it 100 times at least.

19. dewaholic

dewaholic Member

I smoked it for 2 years. Quit absolutely no problem.

ade me tingly all over. Sometimes this feeling would last for 2 days afterwards. I smoked it for so long cuz I was looking for that 1st high. Never found it, so I threw away my stash & I'd turn it down when passed to me.

20. lovejanisandgrace

Thanks for everyone's opinions!