Currently on my first DXM tirp/experimentation

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by Grim, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

As I type I'm experiencing the minimal effects of my first experience with DXM.

Well, I did my research and figured it was worth checking out if nothing else, so I picked myself up some generic 'tussin whose only active ingredient was the dxm.
    As it's my first attempt with it I used the bare minimum to hit the first 'plateau' which is said to induce mild trippy effects and not much more, without much risk.

I took it about half an hour ago...and haven't experienced anything dramatic. It's a heavy feeling, and it interferes with concentration a bit...also gives a kind of drunk feeling when moving around or standing after sitting/lying down for a while.
    It's often said listening to music while in the first plateau is pretty cool, so I've got some Grateful Dead in and it does make the music different...deeper and more intense, I suppose would be the words...

I'm not really feeling anything negative out of it...but it's far from any great experience either. It's probably not worth the effort/money to just go to the first plateau...though the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are reportedly much stronger. Anyway...overall it's a fairly pleasant experience not too far from being kinda drunk; but not really that big a deal.

-peace

2. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

how many mg did you do? try doing 750mg, I used to take this dosage when i first started dexing and i got alot of cool trips. But DXM gets old, theres not much to learn from it. Nowadays when I dex its usually with friends and I'll do 300mg, its quite nice with weed.

Anything below around 150-200mg (depending on body weight) wont give you much of an effect but 300-450mg should give you a nice buzz with an easy comedown. big trips suck the day after because its usually hard to fall asleep. just make sure your not doing anything the next day and you'll be fine.

3. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

Well, I did some research and was told it was best to limit your first try to just 100mg for the purpose of making sure that if your body had some kind of weird chemical reaction, it would be limitted...and that if you didn't feel much, that was a good thing and meant you should gradually up the dose by 50mg or so each try.

I'll probably try again sometime and we'll see...what actually ended up happening and ruining the experience was that I was simultaneously catching a nasty flu bug that ended up leaving me with a 102-103 fever for a few days...so when I'm fully back on my feet we'll see about another shot :)