cultivation question

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by bluegill, May 20, 2004.

1. bluegill

bluegill Member

man, on a couple of plants i have noticed that on some of the leaves there are little pimply looking holes on the inner part of the leaves, it doesnt seem to be bothering the plant or how it is growing, but just the leaves, and i noticed today that some buds are beginning to form, does anybody know what this is and how to take care of it???

btw the plant's are about 3-4 mo's old and were transplanted from inside to outside about a month ago, and took to the transplant real good, or so i thought

2. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

How big are these holes? they're probably just doin plant stuff. You ought to go like marijuana.com or marihemp.com and ask them on their boards.

3. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Overgrow is the best cultivation site on the web. Tiny holes? Sounds like something is eating them.

4. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Sounds like insects. If so, first identify the pest, then DO NOT use chemical spray, use benificial bugs (which eat the pest but leave your crop alone.) Details can be found at your local nursery.

Question: Does anyone work in a nursery? How many people come in with a growing question, but are unwilling to say what plant they are growing?

5. Peace

I GROW MARIJUANA! There I said it. The best that I've heard from most people is Neem Oil if you can get some. One time use and you're done.

6. bluegill

bluegill Member

the holes are real small, they almost look like little bubbles when they start, but after a couple of days a hole forms in the top, the plants arent affected by this, only the leaves, i thought it may be bugs but i checked top and bottom f leaves and the stem and seen no signs of bugs, i was thinking about maybe putting some bug dust on the plants or some of the blight stuf my grandpa used to use in his garden, i was just wanting to get someone elses opinion before i do anything, theyu are very very pretty girls as fat as my thumb and up to my eyes and its only may....hehe and i would hate to see harm come to them....

7. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

NO! NO! NO! Please do not dust your plants until you find out what is in the dust. If you can't eat the dust, you don't want to smoke it.

By the way. leaves are part of the plant. While you are going for bud, the leaves are the energy source for those buds.

8. Peace

Have any pictures? Those would be helpful, indeed.

9. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

you've got serious problems. Insects are EATING your plants.

if they're in the woods, and you want to save them, use pesticides, or they are dead.

HOWEVER, you CANNOT use pesticides after June 1st, or you'll have posion buds. Hopefully, by then, the heat will keep the insects down.

And organic solution would be best- if you're in a greenhouse or some other easily accesible and secure site.

But if you're gurrellia farming hit-and-run requires and immediate soltion.

Spray them Babies!

ps.
    They may show a flower or two, but they won't bud for months.

10. bluegill

bluegill Member

so what insecticide do u suggest, i have some ortho home and garden insecticide spray, it doesn't say anything about not spraying plants or anything, and well since it says garden i figure its ok to use.....what do u think

11. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Organocide and Diatect V are great organic based insecticide/fungicide.Go to www.wormsway.com. Good luck