Cubans

Discussion in 'Spanish' started by Gabrielle, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Gabrielle

Gabrielle Member

I am not Cuban but I love them. I love their music, culture, and the people are really hot. I go to Miami 2 times a year I wish to move there one day. Forget going to places like france, italy, or germany Miami is way better.

2. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Why not go to Cuba itself?

3. Gabrielle

Gabrielle Member

Most Americans are not allowed to go to Cuba. But if your not American go to both.

4. Spacer

Are you American? I thought you were English cos your location was London.

5. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

is hard to find pictures of cuba

6. SpliffVortex

a few more by the way the old hippie with the cuban student is a american

7. SpliffVortex

this is what all cubans look like in miami ........just kidding it was a picture of Desi arnez from i love lucy but i removed it was runing out of picture bandwith.

8. Gabrielle

Gabrielle Member

I am english but if your living in america you can't go

9. SpliffVortex

lots of british ,french,germans and spaniards go to cuba as turist

10. Spacer

Well then get thee to Cuba! :D

11. migle

migle Senior Member

that's not true, that's what The States government try to make people think about Cuba. Cuba is ruled by a dictator, this is not a problem for the States, the problem is that he's a "communist" dictator. I don't defend him, it's long enough of that system, it should change but not to become a new American port like Puerto Rico.

12. SpliffVortex

cuba was never a american port it was a very popular american spot for millioner in the late 50s and yes many american company were in cuba back then also a typical cuban worker in 1959 made more money than a west german worker made in 1959 also the cuban peso "dollar" had the same value as a dollar something very few even today can even claim . if bush was serius about democracy castro would had been next . the soviet union no longer exist so the pact kennedy and the russian made in the 60s no longer holds any water .

13. Spacer

But Cuba doesn't have any oil!

14. SpliffVortex

wrong cuba does have oil not much now but a canadian firm just found more recently

15. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

Cubans are cool if theyre like Tony Montana. BUt theyre ok anyways.

16. SpliffVortex

Do you self a big favor stop watching Hollywood movies bullshit. Better yet come to south beach in miami beach and get out of that little boring town you live on.

17. Spacer

Seriously? Then what is Georgey waiting for?

18. Razteca

Razteca Member

the best of cuba are the womens, tobbaco, and fish mmm

19. SpliffVortex

fishing,diving,beaches, the food,very little crime before and after castro, caves and cave diving, Havana cementery very close to the one in Paris, original Bacardi liquor was made in cuba = after castro puerto rico. you still find good rum . any fruits that grows in the tropics ,the most agressive crockdiles live in cubas swamps. many parts of cuba look similar to hawai.but no live volcanos . the smallest bird and frog in the world lives in cuba. i miss a few more. ......and the oldest dictator on earth. stalin,hitler,napoleon envy this guy. and outlived 4 U.S presidents a few russian prime ministers.

20. CristinaChenal

CristinaChenal Member

I'm cuban... I could go on for days on replies to each one of these posts, but I won't. Yea, we're a great people. Castro sucks, but america sucks more.... I don't want cuba to be like puerto rico and have more than half of the business owners be American. yea.. and Tony Montana is a character... there's more than one type of Cuban... lol. oh man.... either way, we're happy people.... even if we're the underdog, we still have a smile on our face, time to dance, have a shot of rum and mingle with our friends and neighbors. I wouldn't trade being Cuban for anything ! ; )