Crocs

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by *Andy*, Apr 16, 2007.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

i wear chacos with sox all the time. I pull the toe strap flat to do so.
    I'd neverown Crocs, and a hospital in Sweden hs barred them because the static they generate pops electronic equipment.

2. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

crocs are very comfortable. they arent the nicest looking shoes but if you only got 3 sec to put shoes on and dfont have any socks, they are a great alternative. they dont hurt your feet at all. i have a pair in a greenish color. but i did buy then for an extra good deal. i traded a guy from an ems store for them for some of cosi (my job) food plus 5 dollars.

3. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

hahahahasiuaghdipusgddfg
    oh man i've totally noticed this AND called it out before. Crocs are creepy enough on their own let alone on Mom, Pops, Suzie and Davey in their poster cut out Gap khaki's carrying rounded top back packs and fanny packs on their weekend trip to their local grocers. it is totally creepy. like something out of Pleasantville, but worse.

PS. Croc-man sounds like a hit.

4. Nirali

Nirali Member

Maybe Crocs are comfortable, but I love my Jesus sandals.

5. Mushgirl

Mushgirl Member

i have nothing against the cheapy versions, that's fair enough cause apparently they're comfy, but oh man the 'proper' ones are like 25 quid for a pair of polystyrene clogs! I've only ever seen about two people in them but they're in all the shops! nooooo!

6. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

id go barefoot before wearing them, then again i go barefooting a lot haha

7. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I can see why kids like them, but I think it's odd to see adults wear them, it just doesn't look right.

8. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

If my back hurts less when I wear them, I could give a rats ass what anybody thinks. The pair I had bought for work were only ten bucks. They were cheap knockoffs.

9. Hipmoon

Hipmoon Member

I work in a warehouse and I am on my feet for 8 hours straight lifting and moving heavy things. I think Crocs are the ugliest shoes on the planet, but I have to tell you, as someone who was so anti-crocs before, I wear them at my job and save my feet the pain and misery I endured for so long. Nurses who work 12 hour shifts wear them because they are so good to your feet.

Don't knock something just because they are trendy or some celeb wears them, until you actually try them out and can give an honest opinion. The price is not bad for something that you can toss in the washer and keeps your feet from hurting after 8 hours of working.

10. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

I love crocs!!!!!

11. shessmiling

shessmiling Member

what could be better than jesus shoes?

12. shessmiling

shessmiling Member

and yeah, i tried on a friend's crocs one time and they were SO comfy, but i just don't like them.

13. FrightfulAccountant

FrightfulAccountant Member

They are:
    Iiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Crocs are closed cell foam, not rubber (like galoshes) or plastic.
    I talked to an orthopedist once about them and he was very down on them, but they made him money when "comfy" turned to "inadequate support."
    I've heard they make great garden kneelers, so if you score some in a dumpster...

15. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

I've done something funky to my heel whilst hiking and I swear crocs are the only shoes I can put on my feet without swearing at the moment. Cos they're light I usually shove them on my bag when I go barefooting so if a shop owner or suchlike objects I can shove them on. Also if the ground's rough they come in handy. I know I could use flip flops, but they kill between my toes!

16. flybabytina

flybabytina Member

I like my crocs... they are knock-off walmart brand. The only shoes I have worn all winter! They are ugly, but easy to slip on and off.

17. filthyfury

filthyfury Member

it might help if they didnt come in such obnoxious colors...

18. flybabytina

flybabytina Member

Mine are black :) My 5 year old daughter has a pair of neon orange ones and she loves them!

19. stairway2heaven

stairway2heaven Member

they aren't so bad if you wear socks and pants with them. my boyfriends dad calls them baker shoes...lol

20. peace_n'_love

peace_n'_love Member

i love my crocks i dont care how stupid they look at all they make my feet happy and that makes me happy my feet dont sweat really at all in them and they are awesome for camping when your hiking and have to walk threw water and stuff amazing!!!