Crocs

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by *Andy*, Apr 16, 2007.

1. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

What do you think about these rubber clogs? Personally I hate them and would probably go out of my way to destroy them if they weren't so pricey, but I respect that other people like them and enjoy having sweaty feet. Ew.

I just had the best idea for a comic book...Croc-Man. Except more witty than that. It would involve a really buff, but gay fashion designer who goes around destroying people who wear crocs. No thats just stupid.

2. josh55116

josh55116 Member

i think they're pretty trendy and cheap... i'd much rather have me a pair of keens or something.

3. yarrow_sun

yarrow_sun Member

hideous ugly! I have a real cheap knock off pair that I wear to clean up goat poo!

4. sweetersappe

sweetersappe Member

My daughter loves them. We buy her the cheap ones because her feet grow so fast. ;)

5. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

not a fan but i heard they're really comfe

6. Relic

Relic Coming Unhinged

I have a cheap pair of knock offs they are comfortable but they make your feet sweat so they sit in the closet until fall when I can wear a light pair of socks with them and I just go with flip flops all summer if I am actually wearing shoes when I am not working.

7. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

I like them, I wear them around the house all the time (with socks) they're pretty comfy

8. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i think they look ridiculous, but to each his own.

there must bee something nice about them if so many people are wearing the hideous things....

9. arlia

arlia Members

i personally think they are nasty.
    I have tried a pair on before they are very comfortable, and i like the shame of them, but id much rather have a pair not made of sweaty rubber.
    my feet rach up in normal shoes, they would be even worse with these!!!

10. lovejanisandgrace

lovejanisandgrace Estimated Prophet

I'm sticking with sandals that air out your feet.

11. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

I think they look great on cute little baby feet, but they just look ridiculous on adults. Almost everyone I know says "I don't like them, but apparently they're really comfortable,"

The only reason that anyone wears them is because Drew Barrymore wore them for some random-ass commercial that I don't even ever remember seeing.

Have you noticed how a kid and her/his parent will always wear the same colour? Next time you go out, take a look at how many parents are with their kids wearing the same coloured crocs. It's actually quite disturbing. I think I counted about 5 in a minute.

12. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

I don't wear them outside of my house, I didn't even know what they were called until well after I was wearing them. My wife is a nurse and she bought a few pairs for working in......somehow I ended up with a pair, they are great for indoors lounging but if you move around alot in them they do make your feet sweat........and I would never wear them without socks...

13. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

They remind me of clogs,,,,,only rubber clogs.

14. treyola

treyola Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Actually,a girl at work was wearing them one day.She's a smart ass,and made a comment on my tie being ugly.I said"Oh,like those ugly-ass pink things on your feet?"=end of discussion.

15. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i like them. i hated them at first, but then the nice lady couple i babysit for bought me a pair for my birthday. my brother broke them right away (i dont know how, theyre pretty skookum) and i got a black pair which i wear constantly. i dont think ive worn anything else since it warmed up a month ago.
    i barefoot alot and crocs are so easy to slip into when i need to go into the chicken run or something. they really are comfy, i even hike in them sometimes. i think theyre way more comfy than runners or boots. my feet might sweat but they dont get hot and smelly, and when i walk, the air rushing through the holes actually cools my feet :)
    and they grip the logs at the beach really well. and they allow me to walk on the big painful rocks. and i can swim in them. and they float.
    perfect beach shoe.
    oh and they come in all colors and they go with everything i own. and they last a long time.

i can understand the hatred of them though, they are pretty funny-looking lol :)

16. sweetersappe

sweetersappe Member

This whole conversation is pretty funny, actually. I remember when I had my first pair of birkenstocks--everyone thought they were so ugly and my argument was, "but they're comfortable!" :)

17. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

I sure hope crocs aren't the new birkenstocks! (eek! I hope they don't steal that for a new catch phrase!) Haven't they been around for years, referred to as gardening clogs? lol

I'm in complete agreement with you, Andy. I absolutely hate them too, except, like you mentioned, on little kids.

Has anyone seen the new ballet-flat style? IMO, that has got to be one of the ugliest shoes on the market!

18. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

I don't think they are the prettiest shoes but I like my pair. They are perfect for festivals, camping, and canoeing. I have a pair of Keens and they take a lot of breaking in for them to be comfortable. Plus they are expensive. Crocs are $30 so if you lose one in the mud at a fest it is not the end of the world. I have a pair of chaco sandals that I wear during the day. Then when it gets chilly at night I put on my crocs so I can wear socks if I want. I can't wear socks with my chacos. My son (7) has a pair and he loves them. Oh and my son and I do not have the same color ;) He plays in them so he doesn't wreck his tennis shoes. I know it has been said before but they are freakin comfortable :) I am a teacher and a few of the teachers wear black ones to work. If you have ever seen the Croc booth at Bonnaroo you will know there must be something to them. There is a pile of flip flops, soaking wet tennis shoes, and other various shoes that people took off and left when they bought their crocs.

19. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

haha, i saw that last year.

20. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

They are very light weight. I'm on my feet all day long at the senior care facility I work in. I bought a ten dollar pair of knockoffs from a medical supply company to wear w/socks at work.
    Also, I can just wipe 'em off if I get anything funky on them.

I can't really see running out to buy them just for fashions sake. Besides, I hate going shopping.