Crocheting

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by JimboWizbo, Oct 19, 2010.

1. kitty79

kitty79 Member

I am not too fond of the crochet, if I have too many loose hairs for my taste, I prefer using a large needle and 'sew' them into my dreads.

2. barefootlocks

barefootlocks Senior Member

^ If those are your dreads in your siggy then sewing seems to work! They're lookin pretty sweet!

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Well for those of you, it probably sucks that you're not a part of those of us who know that most neglect locks take more like 6-8 months to be pretty decently mature. Go read dhhq more. Or maybe don't expect to have locks at a job where you can't have locks?

4. barefootlocks

And if you actually backcomb them to start it takes even less time. I backcombed mine pretty tight at the beginning and mine are only almost 5 mos and very "presentable".

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Except that in many cases, indeed, most, the real locks look way cooler at the end of less time. You can comb insta-tangles into your hair, but it will take longer for them to look like locks than the real thing.

People are always asking what I did to my hair. I'd feel so fucking silly if I started describing how to use a comb to make tangles.

6. beautifulwarrior

beautifulwarrior Member

Not everyone can run around living off their parents. Some folks have to work.

I wouldn't ever use a crochet hook but I'm lazy and my hooks are for my yarn. Freeforming isn't for everyone, manicured locs aren't for everyone. Different strokes for different folks so on and so forth.

7. JimboWizbo

JimboWizbo Member

8. Ahmad Rashad

Ahmad Rashad Senór Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is just hair....right?

Really nothing better to talk about that arguing about hair?¿?

You guys get out of line and il start sending yawns all over the place. And once it starts it's gonna be hell to stop.

9. barefootlocks

It's true. Even though I love my dreadzers, sometimes I kinda wish I woulda gone the au'nat-ur-al route. The in-between stages look better when you go natural vs maintenance. Anyways, I'm perfectly happy with them. :love:

There is definitely no "right" way to go about it. If someone isn't the "neat and tidy" person, why should they maintain their hair? Same goes for those who aren't barefoot hippies livin in the woods.

Hair is hair.

10. JimboWizbo

JimboWizbo Member

Sorry, yes, you're right, I don't want to argue with anyone, I just don't like to hear who should or shouldn't have dreadlocks, especially on this forum!

11. wameron36

wameron36 Senior Member

QFT.
    Best contribution I probably could have

12. bohdan

bohdan Member

indeed

that guy is the internet version of jesus

13. bohdan

bohdan Member

damn straight, bills to pay... mouths to feed

14. wild-flowers

wild-flowers forever arbitrary

....how is backcombing not the "real" way. it's not like they're using wax. some people have naturally really straight hair so a little backcombing in the beginning helps alot before they let their locks go all wild and beautiful.

15. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Perfect? No no no no, you're doing it all wrong, see all that frizz on top? Shame, you lazy head neglecting underachiver. Moar dread product cocktails and crocheting.

16. beautifulwarrior

beautifulwarrior Member

Yall are slippin'. No one has said anything racist yet.

17. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

It has nothing to do with race, he could be any colour of the rainbow and suck just as hard at hair as he does right now.

18. aFoolOnaHill

aFoolOnaHill Proper Villain

actually, they are...

19. wameron36

wameron36 Senior Member

Each to their own, guys. Everyone has different tastes and different reasons for having dreads. Don't like it? Don't do it that way then.

20. bohdan

bohdan Member

exactly

why do people care what people they don't even know are doing with their hair?

weird shit