crochet hempy

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by t-dub, Jan 16, 2005.

1. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

i love to crochet hemp! this is my water bottle holder... my trusty sidekick! :D we have been through so much together.. concerts, school, hot summer days at the beach... always was there when i needed to wet my beak![​IMG]

2. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

i love crocheting hemp i attached a photo of a hat i made a long time ago crocheting

3. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

i like ....................:p

4. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

awww!! thats such a cute hat! its amazing how soft hemp gets after you work with it! i love using colored hemp as well... such a durable fiber :D

5. Shineoncrazydiamond

Shineoncrazydiamond Member

Ooo you should make me one. I carry a water bottle everywhere with me and it gets really annoying.....i'll pay ya for it...whattaya say?

6. Tamee

Tamee naked

Damnit, I want to learn how to crochet!!

7. jamaica

jamaica Member

i love the waterbottle hempy!! - i too get annoyed with the everlasting carrying of the water :mad:

8. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Hrm... you crochet hemp the same way you'd crochet yarn, Ja? I should dig up my crochet hook and try that. o_o

9. Acorn

Acorn Member

hemp is a great plant. i made a belt. not as complex as the stuff you guys made, but its nice.

10. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Do you start at the top or the bottom, I have tried several times to make a bottle holder and the bottom is always mess up, I always start with the bottom. Do you make 2 pieces? I just dont get it!!

11. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

ya faerie, i start at the bottom and work my way up. if you ever have made a hat, its virtually the same concept.
    ch 5 and make a loop. i think i did 8 single crochet in loop, then chain 1. then single crochet twice in every single crochet. do that until you get the desired size, then just switch and do single crochet in everyone, and thats how it starts to come up and make the body.. i had to pull mine out a few times, untill i got the desired size, but thats the bonus of croheting! you can easily fix mistakes! :D
    hope this helps out :)

12. jamaica

jamaica Member

i'm sure this is a painfully obvious answer, but i'll ask anyway...where do you buy the hemp?

13. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

craft stores, health food stores, beading shops
    you can even find some good deals online as well :)

14. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've crocheted a few hempy things... small things in the beginning but the biggest thing I've made is a car seat cover for my husband... I even woven a few wooden beads in to it, and he absolutely adores it!

15. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

that is kick ass cerridwen!!! hemp seat covers!! :D

16. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

t-dub that rocks, how long does it take to make?
    or lets say you make a hemp bag 12 by 12 in. to get
    the idea. about how long would that take?

17. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

well, im a pretty fast crocheter, so the bottle holder only took me 3 hours or so.. i didnt work on it non stop though, but over all thats what im guessing. and a bag would probably take me longer, like 5 hours. also it depends on if im familiar with the pattern or not. the bottle holder i made the pattern up for it, so it took me longer because i had to do some trial and error, but after i got it right, i wrote it down.