Criminals must be overjoyed

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by monkjr, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4031454

Because of a government shutdown FBI workforce is drastically reduced and this impacts crime investigations that fall under FBI jurisdiction.

This is relevant to this sub-forum, because it impacts sex crimes and the services you can get if you want to report if it's for yourself or someone you know.

2. BrotherHobo

BrotherHobo Member

"Government shutdown." Ridiculous. I was in the Marine Corps during the "government shutdown" in 1981. Nothing changed whatsoever, except that the issuance of our paychecks were delayed. The checks were there in the safe in the pay and benefits section, but we weren't given them until some bill passed in Congress to continue to pay the armed forces. I lived in an apartment in town, and my landlord rolled his eyes and said he would wait for his rent until the government stopped being stupid. We got permission to eat at the chow hall for the duration of the Stupidness. Gasoline was a bit of a problem, but I had a gasoline credit card.

"Government shutdown." :rolleyes:

3. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

But that's pretty typical for the military to get exceptions. I know the military (active combat or reservists) get their pay.

But the civilian workers, I'm not so sure about?

You only got one perspective as an employee of the government, so maybe it didn't impact you but that doesn't mean other aspects aren't affected, like the ones I mentioned above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.