Crimes Against Nature

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by ~Zen~, Nov 21, 2016.

1. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

You might take more, but I don't. So just cut out the 'we' talk. I didn't vote to let you represent me, and I'm not an American either.

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Did you guys hear that the Great Barrier Reef is pretty much dead

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Amazon rainforest

[​IMG]

TheGreatShoeScam and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Guiyu, electronic waste town in China

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Wow.

But hey, at least we have our iphones

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

There's plenty of it in Africa too (of course)
    Agbogbloshie, Ghana

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

So they trashed China pretty quickly, and now they're going to bring that mess back to us, Tim Cook says he will start building iPhone in the USA...

Hurray! More Pollution for the masses to connect conveniently!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

DrRainbow likes this.
  8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I keep clicking on this thread, looking at the imagines, and trying to find some words. The only one I can come up with is: "fuck."

2 people like this.
  9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Yup.

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Trump wants to remove regulations to allow for immediate maximum profits by the energy and production industries.

He vowed to bring back "millions" of coal mining jobs and we must assume that coal would get burnt somewhere in the world. The effects on millions working in the coal sector would be devastating.

Ryerson State Park's 45 year old lake in Green County PA had its breastwork crack 11 years ago due to long wall mining and will never hold water again as the ground is still to unstable for the dam to be rebuilt. More mining is planned in the area and will cause further damage.

Trump wants to cancel the Paris Climate agreement.

Trump wants to abolish the EPA.

If Trump actually managed to kill EPA, Percival predicts that a race to the bottom would ensue, with states deregulating pollution and toxic chemicals in order to attract dirty industries. But it could be even more chaotic than that: Liberal states, environmental and public health organizations, and affected communities could sue the federal government, arguing it is failing to meet its legal obligations. That could lead to court orders that the executive branch would not be able to comply with unless Congress reestablished the agency or something like it.

http://youtu.be/nikO9lddssE

11. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

"We" is a general term. You may deem yourself superior to be included in the "we" generalization but the destruction is exceptionally broad to isolate down to "some people". In fact, take a look out your own window, that is if you are truly from SE Asia:

[​IMG]

or this:

"Enormous quantities of food are thrown away every day. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), about one third of global food production (around 30 to 40%), is lost or wasted annually."

http://www.unric.org/en/food-waste/27133-one-third-of-all-food-wasted

12. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Most of the waste is generated by Americans, Most of the pollution is made by China.
    I belong to neither group, nor do I have any influence over either group.
    So how can I be held accountable?

1 person likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If you dont have a big footprint like you said, then I imagine you're holding yourself accountable.

But i think he just meant the general we. You are part of the human species, and our species as a whole is destroying the planet.

1 person likes this.
  14. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

Not singling you out. Just pointing out the vast majority. If you do limit your mark, awesome.

15. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

All those hunters with hounds in Wisconsin who slaughtered more than 200 Wolves in Wisconsin’s forests. Wrong on so many counts....The Wolf was a reintroduced predator on the endangered species list till T———. The kill was more than three times the agreed upon limit. Not only is hound hunting inhumane, many of the slaughtered animals were pregnant. The DNR didn’t want a season but were forced by the Republican Legislature. Ugly, ugly....I can’t imagine how those “hunters” sleep at night but then I can’t imagine any human killing another by kneeling on their neck to 8 minutes either.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  16. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

The lawn freaks who chop down everything cool and spread poisons on everything.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]