Crimes Against Nature

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by ~Zen~, Nov 21, 2016.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

There was a series started recently in the Latest News, and on the Front Page with "Crimes Against Nature" being profiled...

This is such a vast subject that we need more space to work on it. So instead of providing installments about the subject here and there, I thought perhaps a thread here in The Environment section would be more useful over time.

In Part One we talked about the dead trees in California from the drought. At that time in September, just two months ago, they estimated 60+ million dead trees. Today on the news I heard the figure has ballooned to over 150 million. Satellite imagery tells all evidently...

Part two links to Leonardo diCaprio's documentary about the environment. Check out the U.N. Messenger of Peace as he wanders about the globe discussing the crisis our world faces with world leaders. https://youtu.be/codqzJ4onGc

We need to keep a list, now that Trump is taking over the government and filling the halls of power with those who might quickly reverse any gains we think we have made protecting the last bits of wilderness we have.

And now I hear they used water cannons in sub-freezing temperatures on the oil pipeline protestors. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/21/police-citing-ongoing-riot-use-water-cannons-on-dakota-access-protesters-in-freezing-weather/

Crimes against humanity, against nature, the swamp is overflowing.

Please help by adding to this thread the daily atrocities, with links! Let's keep a record...the mass media can't be trusted to preserve history.

DrRainbow, MeAgain, Meliai and 2 others like this.
  2. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I don't have anything to add except for my own thoughts. I am sickened to my soul about the protesters at the SD pipeline being blasted (literally blasted) by water cannons. Isn't the US trying its best to mess up their water by driving the pipeline directly through their sacred territory as well as through their water source...so, it seems that isn't enough...now the TRUE original inhabitants of this land are being bombed with water that they are trying so hard to save from destruction. smh

Now Trump is surrounding himself with people that couldn't care less about animal cruelty and that believe man-made climate change is a hoax! It is horrifying to me what he and his cronies will be able to do in a relatively short time.

I'm sure you know that animal abuse/cruelty has been discussed that it will no longer be a felony. Puppy mills are also slated to be "fine...no problem." There is also discussion of starting horse slaughter houses. Does this mean that horses (which imo compare to great big dogs) will be raised merely to slaughter, the same as cows and pigs???

When I think of the damage they can (and most probably will) do to the environment, all I can say for those of you that voted him in - I hope you're proud of yourselves.

I hope I'm wrong in the enormous amount of damage I see as happening under this reign of horror...I really do.

3 people like this.
  3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

:(

Futile....too few of us really care, it seems.
    This should be major at the forefront.

i cannot read anymore...or I will be completely useless...People cruelty, animal cruelty. I cannot take it anymore.

DrRainbow and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. ~Zen~

Evidently California is going to spend a LOT of money cleaning up all these trees...

http://www.fire.ca.gov/treetaskforce/downloads/TMTF_OneYearFactsheet.pdf

423,134 dead
    trees removed from
    high-hazard zones.

51,607 miles of
    roads and powerlines
    inspected and cleared
    of dead trees.

26,062 acres treated
    and 1,375 acres of
    fuel breaks created
    and maintained.

$6 million of state funds spent on equipment to
    remove dead and dying trees in high-hazard zones.

Over $15
    million awarded
    in grants for
    local projects to
    help combat
    tree mortality

DrRainbow likes this.
  5. ~Zen~

Meet Myron Ebell.

[​IMG]

He's going to ruin your environment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russell-simmons/trumps-epa-advisor-myron-ebell-natural-disaster_b_13123040.html

DrRainbow and MeAgain like this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well this thread makes me depressed

Might be better for the earth in the long run if the human race just kills itself off as quickly as possible

2 people like this.
  7. ~Zen~

So sorry you feel that way Meliai!

This thread is a call to action!

What can you do to help? In some small local way?

Every bit helps...

I do the little things, and help with some bigger projects as I can. Hope we can all pull together and make a difference.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I didnt mean to sound so defeatist :/ i absolutely think we must do what we can while we're here.

Anyways i'm one of those weirdos that picks up litter everywhere I go, but other than that i'm not really involved in any conservation efforts. Would love to change that though if you have any suggestions

1 person likes this.
  9. ~Zen~

People who pick up after themselves are to be admired!

1 person likes this.
  10. ~Zen~

11. storch

storch banned

I take it you are also against raising cows and pigs exclusively to slaughter.

12. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

You would be wrong then.

Raising cows and pigs for slaughter are totally different, IN MY MIND, than raising horses for the same. Surely I won't have to explain why I feel this way.

1 person likes this.
  13. storch

storch banned

No, you don't have to explain. But I would be interested in hearing you rationale for thinking such a thing.

1 person likes this.
  14. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I don't see how a drought killing trees can be seen as a 'crime against nature'.
    It's just the way nature works.

15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

In a move seen as a big win for animal rights activists, the FBI has added animal cruelty to its list of Class A felonies, alongside homicide and arson.

https://news.vice.com/article/the-fbi-now-considers-animal-abuse-a-class-a-felony

it is fine to say what ever to reinforce a point of view or opinion but please make sure what you say is fact other wise one risks being labelled as just another animal nutcase

ftr...horses that no one wants go straight to the slaughterhouse...they have been for decades....we feed them to our dogs.....nothing new

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

4 people like this.
  18. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

19. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

Sadly, I most certainly agree. We take more than we need without replacement, then claim to take measures to fix the after effect of our greed but at the same time continue to systematically destroy the essence of life. Humans, we think we are smarter than we actually are.

1 person likes this.
  20. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

It looks to match his tie. He is color coordinated. lol

2 people like this.