Creeeepy ASS telemarketers

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*, Jan 22, 2009.

1. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

i changed my internet provider, cus AOL wasnt allowing me to get on this site, and i have "my sites" that I enjoy, plus AOL is a piece of shit. but i was on the phone with the new provider, and the guy kept trying to upsell me a game site, for family entertainment... i politely said no, then he pushed it again. i said no thanks. i dont need it, wont use it. etc. kept pushing. said that i have kids right? and how old is my kid. i said 3. he asked me if he could talk..I said yes... of course he can talk! then he asked me if i could give my son the phone!!!!! WTF! creepy. no means no. i understand that if you work for some companies, you HAVE to give 2-3 rebuttals. but shit. i got a bit pissed.

2. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

I don't understand any of this.

You have to haggle for internet service?

3. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Once they start pushing I always say no then hang up on them.

4. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

nope, got the service, for some reason he wouldnt let up on adding. then he wanted to talk to my 3 year old!!! <--thats what i thought was creepy.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

6. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

if anyone tries to upsell me, i tell them that unless they're trying to give me a discount they can shut up and give me what i asked for or i will hang the fuck up.

i say it a little nicer than that.

7. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

i worked customer service for a while. and there was a guy that got so pissed at this woman when he called her, that he took her number, put in on his cell, and called her everytime he was pissed off. i was in customer service, so i was one of the many ppl that got the complaint. time goes by, i need to buy a car, happen to go to a car lot where the salesman tells me that he worked at mci too, but got fired. then found out that its that guy and that he still calls her.

(i would of changed my number, but in her defense, she was old)

8. does2

does2 Member

I worked at a telemarketing spot for a second. A week of training and three days on the phone is all I could stand.
    They basically trained us to be liars and snakes. We quickly learned that the word no was "just a closed door" and how to open another one.
    We even had a sheet listing "Tie-Downs" and how to use them. Though we did have to follow the script, befriending the customer was to happen at all costs.... dirty place.
    I heard most of them drank blood at lunch.

9. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Wait. You still use AOL?

o_o

I didn't even know that shit still existed.

10. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Telemarketing is perfect evidence to me of economic collapse and the human indignity thereof.

11. nesta

nesta Banned

this thread is misleading. i thought it was about people creepy people who sell asses via telephone :( you know, an ASS telemarketer

12. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

does2- yeah, i was desperate for a job a few years back, and i applied at this telemarketing place, and they showed me the script, complete lies. they asked me if i wanted the job. i hessitated. then they asked me if it I was hessitating because of "moral reasons". lol. i couldnt take it.

toolmaggot- yeah, we HAD AOL. it was a free trial, what can i say.

nesta- no, but im sure you could get on a list....

13. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

You all know Chaos works that shit.

14. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I've had and canceled AOL SO many times I can't even count! That's how I got my service for the longest time, everytime I called to cancel, they'd flip out and give me another month for free. But dial-up was so painfully slow I wanted to cry.

15. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I love telemarketers, I tell them things that scar them for life or make them hang up...

either way, it's a win-win situation... Plus they are the only ones who call me, so it makes me feel like I have friends...