Creed Broke Up! Party!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by HappyHaHaGirl, Jun 4, 2004.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I think Ray Manzarek is going to ask Scott Stapp to join the 21st century Doors. Get Ian Astbury outta there, Scotty Stapp is the one and only Jim Morrison clone.

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Noo! That would be the greatest insult to my hero! It's better Ian Astbury does it that some freaking gay ass moron!

You were kidding, right....:confused:

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

Im not kidding...... I think that would be the greatest and the most inevitable addition to the band. I believe Scotty Stapp inherited Jim's soul.

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

That's bullshit! You only think that because Scott Stapp has modeled his whole life after other people and gone way too far out of his way to be just exactly like them...just like Lenny Kravitz and John Mayer.... He didn't inheirit the soul of Jim Morrison, he's just so desperately trying to cover up how he's such a fucking loser that he puts all his energy in trying to channel him. And he can't.

The best thing for the 21st Century Doors would be to run over him with their bus.

5. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Yeah. I for one am not saddened by lame ass bands like this breaking up. I get sick and tired of rich artists putting out albums on how much they struggle every day. I mean its like... they almost didnt have lobster last night.

6. peaceloveandmusic

peaceloveandmusic Member

NOOOOO! Nobody will ever come close to jim morrison.

7. peaceloveandmusic

peaceloveandmusic Member

NOOOOO! Nobody will ever come close to jim morrisons talent and extreme sexyness!Im pretty sure sexyness is not a word but, you know what i mean.

8. Gravy_Train_Gilmour

Gravy_Train_Gilmour Member

this is a really fucking old thread....

but i saw someone calling john mayer derivative up there, and i'd like to point out, very few people in music today can play the blues like that white boy can, sharing a stage with the likes of buddy guy and b.b. king.

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

hahaa a comment I made eons ago is now resurrected....... quite funny lol

IM a riot.

(and scotty stapp still rules over morrison)

10. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

kenny wayne shepherd shared a stage with buddy guy and bb king as well, but I would still call him derivative.

11. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

man, its simple... kenny wayne shepherd and john mayer BOTH kick ass... in a way, least they can play guitar... they aint got no mojo

12. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

Whoever said that Scott Stapp is the Jim Morrison clone is an idiot. Ian Astbury looks more like Jim than Scooter Stappgay ever will. That's like saying Jars Of Clay is the Beatles of christian rock. And ya know what Christian Rock sucks so there ya go.

13. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

that was me and it is true. scotty stapp is a drunken moron, which was amazingly alot like jim morrison. plus scotty stapp is from the same area in florida where jim morrison is from. I mean, come on, its obvious. he is jim morrison. and I dont appreciate the idiot remark.

14. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

wait, I shouldnt say he is a morrison clone, he makes a better morrison than even jim himself could even do. how about that?

15. Davino

Davino Member

agree

16. .::INCUBUS::.

.::INCUBUS::. Member

Haha! I couldn't have said it better my friend [​IMG]

17. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

ok, maybe I went to far with the idiot remark. I'm sorry about that. And Jim moved around a lot. He was only born in that part in Florida, because that's where his parent were at the time. His dad moved a lot. So Jim took up the sites and styles of places all over this country. Whereas Scott Stapp probably stayed in the same place, never having that contact with the indian spirit experience that Jim had. And isn't Scott a conservative Christian or something? I think Jim Morrison was very very anti-political in some respects. Those are very big differences. And Jim Morrison doesn't sound like he has cotton balls in his mouth when he sings. And his poetry was much deeper, more in tune with nature and other things, whereas Scott Stapp is probably just singing about Christianity and religion.

18. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

they are both mediocre

19. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

So you don't even know what he makes, yet you hate him? Good job being a hippie. :rolleyes:
    Actually, they do sound amazingly similar.
    so just because he writes about nature and "other things" makes him a better writer. i dont write about nature, and i know that I am far far more talented that Jim ever "was."

actually... when did Jim ever write about nature....?

20. SIEKK

SIEKK Member

soulrebel I admire your audacity, though I do like the doors :D

creed, however, i do not like..there break up incurs a moment of celebration and a hearty whoop whoop! :p